Confrontation minis vs Vampire Wars minis

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

rabidroadkill
Veteran
Veteran

Confrontation minis vs Vampire Wars minis

Post by rabidroadkill »

Does anyone possibly have any Confrontation minis to compare their size to standard BB minis? Or possibly even comparison pics?

I would REALLY like to use a couple of the Confrontation Wolfen minis for the Werewolves of my Necro team, but I heard they were much bigger. If so I am going to go with some from Vampire Wars. But I want to make sure before I buy anything.

Any info I can get would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reason: ''
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Hey roadkill. The Wulfen minis from Confrontation are bigger than GW ogres if that gives you an idea. Just too big for a strength three model. Give the Vampire wars figs a try.

rabidroadkill
Veteran
Veteran

Post by rabidroadkill »

:cry:

I was hoping not to hear that. Those figs are GREAT! Oh well, now to decide which Vampire Wars minis to pick. Thanks for the help.

Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

They are very large, but I'm still going to use them :) :evil:

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
KLK

Post by KLK »

I have two werewolves from vampire wars on my team, and they look great.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

I have a whole Werewolf team using Vampire ar figs and the GW Werewolves also, they look great.

Confrontation mini's are great also but just too damn big

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kool »

the scale of Rackham (confrontation) is biggest than GW. 28mm for Rackam and 25mm for GW

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Most GW models are at 28mm nowadays as well, but the totally different style of Rackham miniatures (oversized heads (Dwarfs) arms, hands weapons etc) often makes them poorly compatible with other minis.

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Yeah, confrontation is about 33mm - the Dwarves look really mean compared to other BB figs, but the others are just far too big unless you can use them as big guys..

also check out Reaper figs.. they do nice flesh golems, weres, vampires and the like... the full range is available at www.thewarstore.com

R

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Alternatively, just get one of the superb BB werewolf conversion kits off ebay ;)

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I just bought a second Wilhelm Chaney ... this mini is perfect for the current stats of the were (8338). I also have two of the big new weres from GW, but i think they look more ST4 ...

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

Indigo wrote:Alternatively, just get one of the superb BB werewolf conversion kits off ebay ;)
Can you tell me more about this?

And as far as Vampire wars figs, I used 2 Cat byblows for my wolves. Cut off their heads and put on Dire Wolf heads from GW. Looks awesome if I do day so myself. :D

Gorblitz!!
Experienced
Experienced

Use Foundry Elves

Post by Gorblitz!! »

There are some great elf minis on the Foundry website. Hot Vamp chicks and studly Vamp dudes with either no weapons or easily removable weapons! :P

Jordell: Dodge to here on anything but a ...........DAMN IT!!