Minis for Pro Elves: what do people use?

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Haar
Experienced
Experienced

Minis for Pro Elves: what do people use?

Post by Haar »

What do you elf players use for the new Elf team? I picked up the team box set, the figures look pretty cool (except for the levitating catchers), but they're a bit smaller than all the other BB figures.

The box set also only comes with 2 catchers. The booster on the online store has one one of each player for fifteen bux. That means you have to spend 30 bux on two boosters just to get four catchers (and you end up with an extra thrower and two blitzers).

Has anybody converted FB figures or other stuff to fill in the gaps in the box set? I have thought about getting some wood elf pieces to help out, but the size difference looks bad.

Reason: ''
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Personally I'll just use 2nd edition Elves, also works for Woodies and Highs ;)

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Yeah 2ed elves look the best for pro elves (that's who they were based on) :wink:
I have a set of the new elves and thought they would mix well with 2ed, but you are right about the size difference, it doesn't look right. All you need to do is order some individual pro elf minis from GWMO and convert them to look a little different from the rest.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Don't ever buy the bosters, just do a bit order and get the two catchers seperatly. You could also mix in two of the shadowforge elves if you wanted even more girls on the field.

ImageImage
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Never thought about mixing the Shadowforge elves (I got a set of those too) Just checked the scale, the SF elves are a little bit bigger in scale so might look a little strange to have the female elves look bigger than the males. Also you couldn't use them in GW tournies. :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!
KLK

Post by KLK »

If you are going to play in GW tournaments...use old elves. but if you are going to play in a home league, the Shadowforge elves are the best option.

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

I don't have the shadowforge elves yet but am quite suprised to hear that they are a bigger scale then the pro elves. All of their previous releases were a bit smaller which I didn't really mind.

ImageImage
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

They're a little bit bigger. I think all the new GW minis are being done to a true 25 (or is that 28)mm scale, so the BB ones coming out should all be smaller than the 3ed ones.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Torg wrote:They're a little bit bigger. I think all the new GW minis are being done to a true 25 (or is that 28)mm scale, so the BB ones coming out should all be smaller than the 3ed ones.
:o
Seen Varag? Griff? The secret weapon Dwarves and Elves? They're huge!

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Yeah, all the new GW minis are pushing 30mm. The way things are going, we'll be playing with Inquisitor minis in 5 years. :-? Actually, I keep wondering when they're going to revert back to 25mm and start the cycle all over again.

Have fun!
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Just going by my own experience, some 40K deamonhunters I used to convert along with some LOTR minis for the NBA BB team worked well together and were the same scale (LOTR is supposed to be true 25mm), the new elves seemed to me to be about the same size as well. Never saw the new minis you're talking about, I was just hoping that the scale for all the new BB minis would be the same, but according to you it doesn't look that way. Too bad. :cry:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

You are right. A lot of the newer BB stuff is smaller, the Nurgle Rotters and the new Elves come immediately to mind. The Vamps are supposed to be quite a it bigger and we all know that the newer Big Guys are all but unuseable on the pitch. I was basing my statement on the WFB minis I'm very familiar with. The new Beastmen are actually the same size as my vintage Minotaurs and Goblins are bigger than my OLD Orcs. Pitty that.

Have fun!
Chairface
Da Fig Finda

Post by Chairface »

:D The relentless drumbeat of change at Games Workshop.....

ORTHODUB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ORTHODUB »

Thinking about it it could be a promotional thing that GW wanted us to buy all the latest mini's that "look right" with the current image of blood bowl insted of older mini's that due to scale problems dont look right, like current gobo's bigger then older orc's. Or even those old ogres that are dwarfed by, well... dwarfs.
However i suspect is is probly due to different sculpters having problems with scale etc.. and nothing to do with GW wanting us to buy their latest products.

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I'm sure you are right, it's about selling minis but you give them the benefit of the doubt. I call it a conspiracy. If they don't keep making them larger, they'll go back to the old scale and everyone but me will still need to buy new minis. :wink:

Have fun!