Pics of our new DBBL ARENA...

A forum for football mini's talk.......painting, converting etc. etc. or showing off great accessories that make playing the game easier, cooler or more fun.

Moderator: TFF Mods

gken1
Legend
Legend

Post by gken1 »

impressive!!!!!!!!!!!

Reason: ''
Blammaham
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Blammaham »

Great Work, I was wondering did you happen to take " work in progress" photos? Thanks for the inspiration.S.

Outstanding painting. Spike 2009!
madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

When are you going to take orders??? This is amazing!!! :o :o :o

m@hobbit blood bowl league
http://www.madhobbit.net/bbleague
DG_Slider
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DG_Slider »

Absolutely awesome. Incredible work. You should sell those !! :wink:

-Slider

"Remember light travels faster then sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
lawquoter
Legend
Legend

Post by lawquoter »

Whoa....that has to add some character to your games. This lights a fire to actually start my home-made pitch project that was supposed to start months ago. Well done. :smoking:

NUFFLE SUCKS!
LQ says " I may be slow, but the sh*ttiness of this beer hasn't hit me yet."

I twist nuffle's teat and laugh.
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Feckin A! But you are so gonna get pissed off when you've burnt your arm on those halogen bulbs for the umpteenth time. :wink:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
VorTeX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by VorTeX »

Hehe, no thats no problem. We just use 10W halogen lamps.... no way to get burnt..;-)

Let´s bowl. League, teams, pics and other stuff...
http://www.dbb-liga.de/ ...free for all.
DesTroy
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DesTroy »

OH MY NUFFLE that looks good!!! Terrific work! I may have to print this off so my league members can see it!!! :o

---troy
[img]http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/DesTroy1968/nba3-1.gif[/img] [b]NBA Novice Heretic[/b]
As renowned bard Bruce Slannstein said, "Blind faith - in anyone or anything - will get your ogre killed."
Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Vortex, that's true madness. Stunning.

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Da Scum
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Da Scum »

I'm curious as to the wiring for the lights and electronics for the stadium. I had fun with trying to get wiring into my Ivor Biggin "Goblin" stadium, and started to run into trouble with potential fire-hazards. Did you make the stadium as all one main piece or is it modular for easier transportation? (This is what gives me wiring problems...) :o

Excellent work, now if I can lick those wiring problems the Goblins can shead some light on those questionable plays in the back corners. :P

A bunch of crazy stadiums like this and Gencon could end up being far more colourful than the actual Bloodbowl... :smoking:

Even the Goblin coach gets a +1 to injury rolls! Ow!
VorTeX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by VorTeX »

The stadium is made as a one piece field. Yep its true its not really good to transport cause of its size. But on the other hand its okay cause it doesnt weight much because its completely made out of "styrodor".

The only thing we made as a stickable module are the lights. Like you can see on the pics you can just take out the cables and then the whole lamp out of its brown holder. Without that there wouldnt be any place to store the field :wink:
If you want to make the whole stadium out of more modules you could just do it like we did with the lamps. Shouldnt be a problem.
If you are interested more in how we did the wiring i ll help as good as i can.

ORTHODUB
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ORTHODUB »

just checked out your web site. Cant understand a work of it but what i do understand is that you have a tallent at making blood bowl pitches.
Those stadiums and home made pitches are realy insiping me to get in gear and try to finish my own. Just out of curiosity what do you find is the best material for the actual "grass". I was going to buy a roll of scenic gass and paint the pitch onto it, after mounting it to the board of course.

VorTeX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by VorTeX »

Cant understand a word
Use the babelfish translator in the left menu bar after clicking on "home". Its better than nothing...:)

After making three pitches now i would say the easiest way to build the is like we did on our DBBL Arena.
Take a plate of styrodor (dont know the english word) scatch the lines of the field in with a pencil, then spray it brown and use glue on every quarter. At last put static grass on it. Its the easist and fastest option we made so far and it looks best.
We did a field with a complete grass matt too. Pics are here:

http://www.dbb-liga.de/bloodbowl/feld2.htm

But imho the other option is better...

traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

VorTeX...

just looked at your site ... feld2.htm. Nice advertisments ... NEW ORK TIMES :lol:.

Hm , maybe i will give your idea to show TD and Cas a try for my StreetBowl pitch... :wink: Because i´m using the Hirst stones, my pitch is a bit more heavy :roll: I will try to get all the pieces in a suitcase to travel with...

Traveller

Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

:o :o :o :o :o

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL