Those are my doubts for new 4th ed. HELP!

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ancalagon »

For those of you at BBC, this is the same I posted there, for the rest... what do you think about??

Fouling:
If deffensive assist modify armour roll by -1, can, at the end the player who makes the foul, have (example) a -3 negative dice modifier when rolling armour?

Break tackle:
Rules said "once per turn", I supose they wanted to say just to dodge once by each player who has this skill.

IGMEOY:
If two coaches foul once each turn, do they only have this +6 chance to be sent of the pitch? or this only aplys to first who fouls in a match?

Handicap rolls:
Now lower rating team doesn't have extra mvp's, I'm right?

51, Bribe the ref: You can set up 12 players but, how many time? 1 turn? till next TD or half?

Starlist:
Grif, Morg, Nobbla and scrappa are missing from one list.

Big Guys:
Do they have still to gain double spp to get extra skills? or are just like any other player??

Reason: ''
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Fouling: Yep I think you are correct.

Break Tackle: Once per player action.

IGMEOY: If you foul with the eye on you it's a 4+, if not it's a 6+.

Handicap: No extra MVPs anymore.

Bribe the Ref: just for that drive.

Stars: I think it's because they come in the BB Box already. Just an oversight I believe.

Big Guys: Normal progression now!

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

My quick questions are the following:

1) In new rules, can Big Guys get rid of their negative racial characteristics ('take root', 'bonehead' etc) with a double on the Star Player roll as before? I think that you can't get a racial characteristic skill if you don't start with it, and you can't get rid of it if you do, but I'm not entirely sure :.

2) If a guy A gets pushed back into guy B (because there are no free squares), and guy B has sidestep, can he use the skill to be pushed to wherever he wants? Or was he not expecting his mate to bundle into him so gets pushed back as normal?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I just got answer to question 2 from the Oberwald. You can still use sidestep.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

There's nothing about doubles to "erase" racial chars, so I think it's impossible to get rid of them. But untill printed changes can be added so...
:pissed:

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Other thing?

Can weapons still be used??

My 1 cent

:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

On 2001-11-28 22:05, ScarletJester wrote:

1) In new rules, can Big Guys get rid of their negative racial characteristics ('take root', 'bonehead' etc) with a double on the Star Player roll as before? I think that you can't get a racial characteristic skill if you don't start with it, and you can't get rid of it if you do, but I'm not entirely sure :.
You cannot remove the Racial Characteristics such as Bone Head, Wild Animal etc.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

They say that using weapons can unbalance the teams and they have not found still nor tested a rule for this so... no weapons at this moment, just those worn by stars

millimil
Rookie
Rookie

Post by millimil »

Hi folks,
what about the undeads ? They are not in the official team list anymore ?!? On the other hand: Star Player Turn Redvenom (Dark Elf-Blitzer) ? (There is a miniatur available from GW)...
By the way, the rules are good, imho.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

there was an official message yesterday apologising for missing the Undead off the official list, as they are without doubt official and can now have 4 wights :evil: and 12 Zombies :lol:

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

On 2001-11-29 11:55, Ancalagon wrote:
They say that using weapons can unbalance the teams and they have not found still nor tested a rule for this so... no weapons at this moment, just those worn by stars
personally I will keep the weapons rules as stated in the unoffical 4ed for my league as they are fun and add a lot to the gameplay. It made sense for all teams to have access to something and if you choose to use one then obviously you could be a man down in short order. :lol:

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

On second thoughts it may be a good idea to use those rules but have the players with the weapons as freebooters, sort of like paid assasins/mercenaries. That would make using thenm against teams that can score in turn 1/2 a risky investment. :?:

neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

On 2001-11-27 13:02, Ancalagon wrote:
For those of you at BBC, this is the same I posted there, for the rest... what do you think about??

Fouling:
If deffensive assist modify armour roll by -1, can, at the end the player who makes the foul, have (example) a -3 negative dice modifier when rolling armour?
No, you can never have a negative modifier for the foul.
Break tackle:
Rules said "once per turn", I supose they wanted to say just to dodge once by each player who has this skill.
Correct. Once per action is a better phrasing.
IGMEOY:
If two coaches foul once each turn, do they only have this +6 chance to be sent of the pitch? or this only aplys to first who fouls in a match?
If both coaches foul once per turn, they will only be caught on a 6+.
Handicap rolls:
Now lower rating team doesn't have extra mvp's, I'm right?
Correct. No extra MVP's.
51, Bribe the ref: You can set up 12 players but, how many time? 1 turn? till next TD or half?
First Kickoff only.
Starlist:
Grif, Morg, Nobbla and scrappa are missing from one list.
Must be an oversight. If the model is available, then the star is available as a rule of thumb.
Big Guys:
Do they have still to gain double spp to get extra skills? or are just like any other player??
Just like other players, they have normal skill advancement.

neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

On 2001-11-28 22:05, ScarletJester wrote:

They can never get rid of their racial characteristics.
2) If a guy A gets pushed back into guy B (because there are no free squares), and guy B has sidestep, can he use the skill to be pushed to wherever he wants? Or was he not expecting his mate to bundle into him so gets pushed back as normal?
He may use his skill as if he had been pushed back.

neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

On 2001-11-29 09:13, Princelucianus wrote:
Can weapons still be used??
No.