A few Questions on new Errata/Additions

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Just these two to start off with. I'll add more when I next get confuddled.

1) What is the current "official" ally rules? I've lost track with all the changes. Is it currently that you can have 1 ally from each of the ally races available to your team race?

2) "Pro" has changed from a Trait in 4th Edition into a skill in the new errata set. Is this a mistake or intentional?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ScarletJester on 2001-12-01 04:07 ]</font>

Reason: ''
TiMuN
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by TiMuN »

well .. i see it this way

1) 'official' rules are those in the 4th ed. rules, .. that's you can only have one ally player from each of the ally races avaliable to your team race. You can't throw any re-roll at actions made by this ones, thou. You can only hire a total of ONE Big Guy for your team, with the same rule of re-rolls as allies.

2) love the PRO skill. I guess a player develops into a PROffesional as time goes, making his work better as he progresses .. so it should be a skill, not trait.

.. now, what about the new rules for team rate difference and how it afects play? I think i will miss out the strategy and tension the special play cards brought to the game .. not to mention the astonishing sudden changes in a game they made! ..

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I thought that the new rules review stated that the 4th edition thing they did is to be ignored now. That would mean that, apart from having 1 big guy, you couldn't have any allies at all in your team (except 4 gobbos for Orcs).

Going by the 1 ally player from each ally race, was it in the 4th edition rules or some house rule I read on the net that said that the ally could only be a standard lineman of the ally race?

As for the loss of special play cards I see it like this...Dirty Tricks and Pre-match preparations are now incorporated into the handicap table. Random events will be incorporated into a new kick-off table. The magic stuff will be coming back in a new magic rules section, which allows you to pick up items and what not for your team.

I don't think that the Special Play cards <i>improved</i> the strategic or tactical nature of the game, but I did enjoy their effects. Personally, I would rather not have a totally random element making huge astonishing changes to the game. You could argue simply rolling the dice do that, but at least they are based upon your character's attributes which you are aware of.

Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

The official rules are those posted last week and now available from games workshop page. Allies have nearly dissapeared, I mean, you only can have big guys allied and you still cannot use RR on them... better you dowload the pdf and read them because have really a lot of changes from "gold" edition.
:pissed:
snif... my poor lizards ... bbbuuuuuaaahhhhh

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

You are right Jester, there are no allies in the new rules apart from Big Guys.

TiMuN

Post by TiMuN »

.. i should put more attention to what i'm doing ... so let's get back to work ..

Agenda Note: (re-reading the rules tonight!)

regards
TiM

[b]TiMuN[/b]
[size=75][img]http://www.bloodbowl.net/NAF/ArticleImages/naf.gif[/img] Member #181
[url=http://www.bloodbowlforo.org]BloodBowlForo.org[/url] | [url=http://spanishteam.tbbl.org]Spanish Team[/url][/size]
neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

On 2001-12-01 04:06, ScarletJester wrote:
Just these two to start off with. I'll add more when I next get confuddled.

1) What is the current "official" ally rules? I've lost track with all the changes. Is it currently that you can have 1 ally from each of the ally races available to your team race?
No. Currently Allies rules are in testing. The only non-roster players you can field at the moment are the Big Guys.
2) "Pro" has changed from a Trait in 4th Edition into a skill in the new errata set. Is this a mistake or intentional?
Intentional.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Is the BBRC really considering adding allies again? I think the no allies rule is the best part about the new system to be honest. Our games under the new system with Big Guy allies only has been the best thing that ever happened to our league. I'd rather see allies added in as an article in the Citadel Journal rather than an official rule.

neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

On 2002-01-09 17:38, Anthony_TBBF wrote:
Is the BBRC really considering adding allies again? I think the no allies rule is the best part about the new system to be honest. Our games under the new system with Big Guy allies only has been the best thing that ever happened to our league. I'd rather see allies added in as an article in the Citadel Journal rather than an official rule.
Not to worry. The Allies rules will start as Experimental rules. If these don't pass the mustard they will get voted down.

My personal view is that Allies should not be a stealth way of changing the basic rosters. Allies should be a rare choice for fun, not a required addition to be competative.

Does that answer give you hope?

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Well it does me! :smile: I'd much prefer allies as optional flavour rather than the abuse they offered in 4th.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Same here, it got a bit out of hand I think.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

We could do without allies in our league, but some official rules for the Evil gits as a guest team in any tourney would be good. Sort of like a wild card, only evil
:evil: :lol:

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

In 2nd Edition BB you generated playres from tables. To stop players abusing the Ally rules you could always make them available only on a lucky die role.

What I mean is, choose your team race, and role dice to see if you are lucky enough (or unlucky, some have to have risks involved) to get any allies. Then role to see what race and position they play in. Most should be Linemen but you might be lucky enough to get a Gutter Runner or Wardancer etc.

I haven't really thought about this much as I can't be arsed with the need to build a team to crush all opponants (The League of WODELL doesn't work that way). So you guys can chew the fat on this one.Image

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

cool smily,

very blazing saddles
"We don' need no stinking allies" :lol:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I really dislike the allies rules, but only because they seem to be very inbalanced. I think the key would be to limit the maximum number of allies a player could have, limit what type of allies he gets (i.e. only linemen, not catchers, blitzers or throwers) and limit when he gets them...

So once a human team (which is allowed one big guy already anyway) gets to TR200, it is allowed to recruit one (and only one) of the following: Dwarf longbeard, Wood/High elf lineman, halfling (for the ogre to throw!), norse/amazon lineman or, if they are back by then, a bretonnian knight.

No more 3 allies per team crap though, just one ally at a time. If he dies, you can get another ally from the list.

Does that make more sense??

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers