So what happens to my Unicorn??

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Here's a quick query for folks, a while back JohnnyP asked me if I wanted to join his Bloodbowl league as they'd had a player drop out and that unbalanced the league system. I said 'why not' and joined up, after scanning through the team lists I thought I'd give the Amazons a whirl and bought the team from the GW Online shop. With the latest little 'rules bombshell' we've decided to quit our current league and start a new one from scratch (which I'm happy about as I was going to get whipped by all the TR 200+ teams that everyone else had! :grin:)
However now I note there are no rules for the Unicorn (I've got an Amazon team again) and in fact no mention of the Unicorn star player either. We elected to 'create' a Rookie Unicorn using rules fond on another website (I forget which) But on the basis that even the Star Player doesn't exist now JohnnyP has ruled that Unicorns cannot be used.

On to my query... (about time! :pissed: now...

Apparently the general consensus from a Bloodbowl mailing list is that the Unicorn sucked anyway... well who cares... if you don't like the unicorn don't play with it, but if you do then the least that can be done is to supply rules for the damn thing.
I was wondering if anything had really changed at GW over the years... I guess not... they can still act like muppets. :sad:

Cheers. W.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wedge on 2001-12-05 18:26 ]</font>

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

What on earth possessed you to buy a girlie unicorn in the first place?
One word mate: dogfood. :smile:
Seriously, it is an official BB figure and not something from the WHFB range isn't it?
If so I'll have it for the collection. £3.50?
You haven't painted it pink or anything have you? :grin:

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Yea I'll even ride over to Guildford and get it from you. With the new rules Deathwing and I have an awsome amount of now redundant BB figures, including four Varags, but hey there all part of our collection and in respective team colours for the various teams here at WODELL.

JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

What a bunch of wingeing bitches I've got in my league!!! :smile:
<p>
However, he is right about GW, or Fanatic, releasing the player, then the figure and a few months later revoking the player for whatever reason. This is not good marketing or salemanship from GW. They should not still be selling the Unicorn as part of the Amazon team bundle, but listing it with all the old Star Players such as Frank 'N' Stein and Geargrinder.
<p>
I was happy to let him have a Unicorn, and even made up some rookie stats since we don't allow Pre-built Star Players in our league. But, until the Unicorn is officially dropped, and he isn't really that good anyway, I'll have to keep him out.
<p>
I have randomly drawn an Amazon team as my 2nd team for the virgin season, and am not that fussed about the Unicorn......I'll use it to give my girls some pleasure during half-time :wink:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Why do all the big leagues live on the A3?

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Just coincidence we're so close. Anyway, they're posh Surrey types whereas me and Longfang are roughneck Hampshire boys! :wink:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I prefer your league already :smile:.

JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

Heh, I hope that your not stero-typing us all as Surrey bods just because we're rich enough to live and work in Surrey :smile:
<p>
I lived in Hampshire for 18 years before moving to Surrey and originate from well past the M4 divide. What say you now oh southern nancy boys? :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnnyP on 2001-12-06 20:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnnyP on 2001-12-06 20:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JohnnyP on 2001-12-06 20:33 ]</font>

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

LOL @ JohnnyP!! :grin:
Don't I remember you owning up be being Welsh (or close to it) on another thread a while back? :smile:
The Hampshire/ Surrey border is close here, occasionally I'll leap the Blackwater stream that's about 30ft outside my front door for a walk on the posh side. Always a relief re-crossing and being allowed to swear again though! :grin:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Not too posh to get around having a great big bloody waste incinerator stuck in the county though :wink:.

JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

Ah, but the incinerator has been ditched now......apparently being relocated across the border in Hampshire :smile:<br>
Our royal blood was enough to influence the destruction of such a ridiculous proposal.<br>
As if we have rubbish to burn in the first place......It all gets given to our neighbouring counties.<br>
As they say, 'why throw your rubbish in Surrey, when you can throw it in Hampshire or Sussex!!!!!<br>
:grin:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

anyway, a Unicorn on a bloodbowl foeld? she cant take the ball!!!(evena Squig can in his mouth) I dont see the meaning having a players that cant handle the ball....
That is a bad idea.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

It is the same for William Chaney for the Norse. A friend just ordered his team and they gave him the minature in his order :eek:
what was the point?

tommy316
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tommy316 »

Longshot, A deathroller can't handle the ball either. I know it's not really the same thing , but maybe they could revamp the unicorn rules and allow them to kick the ball- never carry the ball, but boot it down field or to a teammate.
Sort of like Gus the Field Goal Kicking Mule (Old Disney movie)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tommy316 on 2001-12-12 16:21 ]</font>

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I wonder if they could make a minature with a moveable leg and a spring driven kicking action :lol: