BBRC Endorsed Rules for Chaos Pact, Slann and Underworld

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

BBRC Endorsed Rules for Chaos Pact, Slann and Underworld

Post by GalakStarscraper »

If you are looking for the rules for these 3 teams for LRB 6.0 ... use this link:

http://www.thenaf.net/files/NewTeams_LRB6.pdf

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Re: Official LRB 6.0 Rules for Chaos Pact, Slann and Underworld

Post by Tim »

in the "tactics" section for Underworld you might wanna mention two heads as *the* skill pick for gobbos (2+ to go everywhere) and a thrower (to be used as runner).

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

bloody "Games" filter, I still cannot get to bbfigs... i forget and try again and curse the filter every time... :pissed:

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

Thanks for adding the tips section at the bottom Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Tim wrote:in the "tactics" section for Underworld you might wanna mention two heads as *the* skill pick for gobbos (2+ to go everywhere) and a thrower (to be used as runner).
Good point.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Re: BBRC Endorsed Rules for Chaos Pact, Slann and Underworld

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

for the Slann Blitzers i miss the option to get Guard. Every lino can get Wrestle and Strip Ball. But getting Guard, Sidestep or Dodge on a Blitzer is a good choice to get 2d blocks even in the cage.
Perhaps you like to mention this.

Greetz,
gan

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

I'd be glad to do a slight grammar edit for the team descriptions, if there's ever to be another draft of this document.

I also sort of wish that we could call the slann big guy something other than a kroxigor, seeing as no one in the world seems to be using a krox miniature, but that might just be me.

EDIT: oops, just noticed the original post is from before the cataclysm. Still, though... :smoking:

KVH
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KVH »

As a lot of the minis seem to be Bull Toads for the Slann big guy how about "Bull Slann"?

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Yeah, that's what I've been calling mine. Bull slann in Warhammer* weren't giant, but the name seems to fit the model.

I wish they had Leap, just to allow for some late game heroics. 8)

(*I know, I know: "Blood Bowl isn't Warhammer")

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

Gaixo wrote:I'd be glad to do a slight grammar edit for the team descriptions, if there's ever to be another draft of this document.

I also sort of wish that we could call the slann big guy something other than a kroxigor, seeing as no one in the world seems to be using a krox miniature, but that might just be me.

EDIT: oops, just noticed the original post is from before the cataclysm. Still, though... :smoking:
For me it just felt wrong to use a giant toad as krox just because the rest of the team looks like toads. With that logic the treemen shouldn't be in the halfling team.
However the Leviathan from the sarcos team has a very nice toad-like look, while still being an excellent miniature to represent a kroxigor.

Praise Nuffle!
Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

But the slann associating with kroxigor is straight out of Warhammer. More importantly, it's not from a very good version of Warhammer. I understand the rules were used so as to avoid coming up with a new big guy, as well as to sell GW on the viability of using existing models, but the possibility of GW making these teams official is less likely all the time.

I guess you could just call him a troglodyte. It's pretty much the same creature, just without the neo-GW label.

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

what ever gave you guys the remote idea that slann look like toads? The bad pile of goo from 5th ed warhammer?
look at the old Slann Models
For me it just felt wrong to use a giant toad as krox just because the rest of the team looks like toads. With that logic the treemen shouldn't be in the halfling team.
However the Leviathan from the sarcos team has a very nice toad-like look, while still being an excellent miniature to represent a kroxigor.

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

The 2nd edition Blood Bowl background? :wink:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Gaixo wrote:I guess you could just call him a troglodyte. It's pretty much the same creature, just without the neo-GW label.
Tried that back in the Vault days (and it was an old WFB race, and iirc a player in 1st ed BB, and mentioned in 2nd ed), but got out-voted.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

daloonieshaman wrote:what ever gave you guys the remote idea that slann look like toads? The bad pile of goo from 5th ed warhammer?
look at the old Slann Models
I wrote that wrong. I meant that the rest of them look like frogs. My team:

I'm currently painting a leviathan to replace that krox mini.

Praise Nuffle!