What is needed to add to the Competition Pack to get LRB 6.0

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: What is needed to add to the Competition Pack to get LRB 6.0

Post by sann0638 »

Hi mods,
is is worth having a sticky at the top of the BB rules sub-forum that explains the current state of play of "The Rules of BB", as this is going to come up again and again. Would write the post, but there are others who could summarise better than me.

Cheers,
Mike

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
sjmiller
Experienced
Experienced

Re: What is needed to add to the Competition Pack to get LRB

Post by sjmiller »

Slinky wrote:1) Page 5 which defines that the range ruler is now measured by squares and not the player's base. This one is a "big deal" in my opinion so make sure you print out Page 5 from the LRB 5.0 and add it to the Competition Rules Pack.
I was just looking at the CRAP (as people are calling it), and I cannot find this reference anywhere. First off, the document starts on page six, not page five. Secondly, page five of the pdf is talking about blocking, not passing or the range ruler. Can anyone tell me if I am just missing this, or is the reference somewhere I cannot find? I would really appreciate the help.

Stephen J. Miller
Ancient Gamer and Curmudgeon
Playing Blood Bowl since the early days!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The page 5 reference is to LRB 5.0. Passing used to see to see page 5. Jervis edited the passing rules on page 12? to include the text from page 5 of the LRB 5.0. However he then missed that interceptions still reference to see page 5 which he did NOT include in the LRB. So to fix this when you print the CRP ... take the page 5 reference in the interceptions and update it to say page 12.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
sjmiller
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sjmiller »

Thanks Galak!

I also, after a bit of searching, figured out what Slinky was trying to say. In the Blood Bowl 3rd Ed book it mentions using the ruler to measure miniature to miniature. I never fully understood this, since the figs really are not to scale and the player could actually be anywhere in that square. I just used it to check if squares intersected the line and went from there. So, guess I was ahead of my time!

Now if I could just find people to play in my area...

Stephen J. Miller
Ancient Gamer and Curmudgeon
Playing Blood Bowl since the early days!
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Dude. You should play by email :D
We'd be happy to have you!

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Hi!
I've read this quite a few times and tried to find an answer searching in other posts too, but with no luck so far, so could you please give me hand on this...
Slinky wrote:(...)Only two things rules-wise from LRB 6.0 are missing from the Competition Rules Pack.

1) Page 5 which defines that the range ruler is now measured by squares and not the player's base. This one is a "big deal" in my opinion so make sure you print out Page 5 from the LRB 5.0 and add it to the Competition Rules Pack.
(...)
If you don't have a download copy of LRB 5.0, you can still get it here from GW (link copied from Cyanide site):
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... lebook.pdf
First question:
I've searched the LRB5, I've even downloaded it again from this link you've provided (just in case my doc was somehow corrupted), but I simply cannot find any sentence referring to that "measured by squares and not player's base" point.

I dont question it, dont doubt it, and even use it in my games (with one of those passing charts), but I really need to know where it is to enlighten me and my league mates.

That page 5 you mention (from LRB 5), is the same one that has the "Team Card", "Kick-off Coin", ..., and the "Plastic Range Ruler"?
If not then were in Nuffle's sake is the page?

Second Question:
We are (in our local league) using a passing chart similar to the one from Aros League ( http://www.arosbb.dk/default.asp?p=pr).
When using this kind of chart during a pass, who is eligible to try an interception (since we're trying to avoid the plastic range ruler)?
Is there any way to also measure it in squares, or do we still have the need of a ruler, like what is mentioned in the Aros site (5cm wide )?

Thanks,
A.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

1. It's in the "Plastic Range Ruler" pargraph:
The ruler is used to measure the range when a player throws the ball. When you are instructed to measure the range, place the ‘0’ at one end over the centre of the square of the player throwing the ball and the red line that runs up the middle of the ruler over the centre of the square of the player the ball is being thrown to. If the line between two passing ranges crosses any part of the receiving player’s square, then you should use the higher range.
2. If it's not obvious, you'll need the ruler.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

Put the big trophy rewards back into it.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Smurf wrote:Put the big trophy rewards back into it.
That would be part of the fluff (and art) section that got deleted from the CRP. It didnt change from LRB5.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Darkson wrote:1. It's in the "Plastic Range Ruler" pargraph: (...)

2. If it's not obvious, you'll need the ruler.
Thank you for clearing that out.
I dont know from where I got the idea from, but I was under the impression that somewhere in that LRB would state that the "range ruler" would have been replaced by the "square chart" (I now realise that that was not the point at all).
My bad.

Anyway, that settles my questions.
Thanks once again!
A.