Leaving a square

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

uuni
Rookie
Rookie

Leaving a square

Post by uuni »

I read an interesting piece regarding the order of things in movement regarding skills Shadowing, Diving Tackle and Tentacles.

I once tried to list all things that seem to happen when a player changes his place, which I have found to be called in the rules with the term "leaving a square". I was wondering if people would like to correct me or confirm things that are in correct order. I am sure that you will find things to add and things that you feel should be in different order. Please point them out and we can make the list more complete!

These things happen applicably as a step of Move Action, Blitz Action, Pass Action, Hand-off Action, Foul Action and even in Block Action when following up. It does not happen in the nameless Action that the skill Bombardien describes, as it does not allow changing of squares (movement).

Leaving a square
1 declare leave attempt
2 declare leap attempt, if using Leap skill
3 declare dodge attempt, if the player is making a move and not leaping and has not Ball & Chain
4 if on a tz of a tentacles player and the leave has been declared a dodge or a leap: Tentacles roll
5 possible rerolling of Tentacles roll with TRR or Pro
6 if failed Tentacles -> end and End of the Action
7 change player's square from source to target
8 if player was not on any tz, -> end
9 attempt to dodge or leap
10 basic modifiers to the agility roll if dodgeing, basic +1 and the tacklezones in the target square - moving Stunty and non-moving Titchy
11 Dodge Agility check roll
12 moving player skill modifiers to the skill roll: if dodging - Break Tackle, Titchy, Two Heads; if leaping - Very Long Legs
13 not-moving teams skill modifiers to the dodge roll: Diving Tackle, Prehensile Tail
14 skill reroll with pro reroll, team reroll or Dodge skill reroll if making a dodge
15 if final skill roll failed -> Knocked Down sequence
16 possible Shadowing roll if left the tacklezone of a shadowing player
17 possible rerolling of Shadowing with TRR or Pro
18 if the player went for it, make Going for it Roll
19 possible reroll of Going for it with TRR, Pro or Sure Feet
20 if GFI roll fails -> Knocked Down sequence
21 end

One big motivation for me making this list is to appraise the beatiful marvel that BB rules offer us. :-)

Reason: ''
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Leaving a square

Post by Hitonagashi »

And the nightmare of actually writing a good BB computer client. So many edge cases! :D

Teydyn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Teydyn »

uuni wrote:16 possible Shadowing roll if left the tacklezone of a shadowing player
Replace "left" with "dodged out of". Otherwise looks good to my tired eyes :D

uuni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by uuni »

Teydyn wrote:
uuni wrote:16 possible Shadowing roll if left the tacklezone of a shadowing player
Replace "left" with "dodged out of". Otherwise looks good to my tired eyes :D
Actually not, as the Shadowing works even if the move is the Follow-up-move of a throwing of a block and any other movement made by the player making an Action. That is why "left" and not "dodged out of".

Thanks for the input!

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

so you can start a party train of shadowers

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
uuni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by uuni »

Well actually not. One can only use Shadowing against the player tha is performing an Action. There is always only one player performing an Action, unless perhaps there is a chain Bomb throwing, which does not include any square leavings by the players performing that Action. So Shadowing never triggers but to the one player that is performing the current Action. :-)

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

uuni wrote:Well actually not. One can only use Shadowing against the player tha is performing an Action. There is always only one player performing an Action, unless perhaps there is a chain Bomb throwing, which does not include any square leavings by the players performing that Action. So Shadowing never triggers but to the one player that is performing the current Action. :-)
For the sake of something that will never happen we shall change the rule

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

So if a RS guy is in a Tentacle TZ and a big guy comes along to throw him, does the RS guy count as leaving the TZ because the RS has not activated yet?

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
uuni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by uuni »

Smurf wrote:So if a RS guy is in a Tentacle TZ and a big guy comes along to throw him, does the RS guy count as leaving the TZ because the RS has not activated yet?
Good question. It does not trigger anything as the Right Stuff guy is not currently performing an Action. That is why this sequence does not trigger in that case, I suppose?

What do you think, should we revise somehow the preamble: "These things happen applicably as a step of Move Action, Blitz Action, Pass Action, Hand-off Action, Foul Action and even in Block Action when following up."?

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

uuni wrote:
Smurf wrote:So if a RS guy is in a Tentacle TZ and a big guy comes along to throw him, does the RS guy count as leaving the TZ because the RS has not activated yet?
Good question. It does not trigger anything as the Right Stuff guy is not currently performing an Action. That is why this sequence does not trigger in that case, I suppose?

What do you think, should we revise somehow the preamble: "These things happen applicably as a step of Move Action, Blitz Action, Pass Action, Hand-off Action, Foul Action and even in Block Action when following up."?
THE rs guy is not dodging or leaping away from the Tent

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

I need to resurrect this thread for a short while.

I'm seriously considering building a CP mino with Tentacles, Prehensile Tail and Diving Tackle.

What would your average AG3 lineperson without dodge require to get away?

I'm thinking Tentacles roll, then PT roll (+1) then DT roll if required?

It's basically going to sit there and cause all sorts of headaches for the opponent while the rest of the Marauders get on with the game.

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

landrover wrote:I need to resurrect this thread for a short while.

I'm seriously considering building a CP mino with Tentacles, Prehensile Tail and Diving Tackle.

What would your average AG3 lineperson without dodge require to get away?

I'm thinking Tentacles roll, then PT roll (+1) then DT roll if required?

It's basically going to sit there and cause all sorts of headaches for the opponent while the rest of the Marauders get on with the game.
Tentacles, 2d6+3-5=5+
So they need to roll 7+ on 2 dice = 21/36
then the 6+ dodge (3+ dodge, -1 Pre Tail, Potential -2 DT) = 1/6
total is about 9.7% chance to get away (not factoring in rerolls).

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

Next turn - Skull, Both Down. Fail loner!!

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

Barney the Lurker wrote:Next turn - Skull, Both Down. Fail loner!!
Barney, less with the pessimism please!

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Barney the Lurker »

I like to think of it as realism

And experience! :D