Ball & Chain on a Quick Snap kickoff

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Ball & Chain on a Quick Snap kickoff

Post by Itchen Masack »

Just checking, and i havent read a reason why not but the Cyanide version doesnt allow it, can the Ball & Chain player hit an opposing player on the LOS during a Quick Snap?

As i recall online it will only allow you to move the Fanatic backwards away from the LOS.

ps not interested in any anti Cyanide comments right here, just want to know the correct rule incase it ever occurs in a TT game. Thanks!

Reason: ''
Loki
Legend
Legend

Re: Ball & Chain on a Quick Snap kickoff

Post by Loki »

The 'Quick Snap!' text does specifically mention that the move is to an "adjacent empty square".

This is obviously a grey area due to the 'Move' allowed by the Quick Snap and that the Ball and Chain is only allowed to move randomly in his Move Action.

For TT, if it were me ruling I would suggest that the B&C is allowed to be moved the one square in a normal manner as it is not a 'Move Action' per se, rather than being allowed his normal random move (but that just me).

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Quick Snap ignores skills and is not considered an Action by the player. So you can move the Ball & Chain across the LOS but it is a random movement (you would pick exactly which square he moved to) and could only be into an unoccupied square.

It is the same reason you don't roll for Take Root for a Treeman or Blood Lust for a Vampire for a Quick Snap movement. Skills are ignored.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

You missed a not before the brackets, Tom :)

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

So this?
GalakStarscraper wrote:Quick Snap ignores skills and is not considered an Action by the player. So you can move the Ball & Chain across the LOS but it is not a random movement (you would pick exactly which square he moved to) and could only be into an unoccupied square.

It is the same reason you don't roll for Take Root for a Treeman or Blood Lust for a Vampire for a Quick Snap movement. Skills are ignored.

Tom

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
AL13N
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AL13N »

I never even considered this yeah I would say a free move to an empty square

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

yes sann and loki are correct
you pick him up and place him in an adjacent empty square

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Yes ... sorry I missed that "not" in my original post (thankfully what I said afterward made it clear that it was supposed to be there)

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

hehe couldn't remember posting this question, but then I noticed this thread was from 2 years ago :D