Passing Roll Results chart

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

There's always a ton of confusion over the passing rules so I thought a solid use of procrastination time would be to design a chart for it. Forgive me if it's been done and can be found elsewhere...

Edit: this is the latest version (2013-10-20). pm me if you would like the Excel or PDF.
BB_PassResults.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Re: Passing Roll Results chart

Post by dode74 »

Nice.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Sweet. Think I might print this out and laminate it for our league, with your consent?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

Sure, of course. Or let me know if you'd like the Excel file so you can resize, etc.

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Nice work!

How do I get my hands on the Excel?

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

BIG NOTE:

SEE AG5 and AG6 are the SAME!

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Smurf wrote:BIG NOTE:

SEE AG5 and AG6 are the SAME!

MEDIUM NOTE:

Strong Arm doesn’t make much difference either. Especially when you factor in the number of passes that are Quick compared to the others.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
zerak
Experienced
Experienced

Post by zerak »

@Afroman:
ignore Excel just download (open source) LibreOffice, it can open any MS format file.. And it is a really good text editor in that as well.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
I've not lost my mind, it's backed up on disk somewhere!
fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

spubbbba wrote:
MEDIUM NOTE:

Strong Arm doesn’t make much difference either. Especially when you factor in the number of passes that are Quick compared to the others.
Well, it's only worth it if you know you're going to take Accurate later on a normal roll (or for TTM), but we knew that already. You take Acc+SA for long throws, particularly to get over the 4+ hump, ie turning a 75% play into a 89% play (3+ with rr), which means it's attractive to the Short-passing AG2 Thrower (?? Khemri), the Bombing AG4s (Elves), and Long-passing AG3s. Sweet spot is obviously AG3 teams with AG4 receivers, so Skaven, Pact, and Humans/Norse/Zons/etc with +AG targets.

The most interesting point to me is that +AG improves your accuracy (decreases inaccurate chance), while Accurate decreases your fumble chance. MOAR confusion!

Also, a reasonable substitute for both Accurate and SA is Safe Throw, if you're throwing long. Strikes me as a good choice alongside Dump-Off as well, for more than the obvious interception prevention: helps control the spill and avoid fumbles. Arguably equal to NoS anyway (pros/cons).

fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

I've updated the chart to make it easier to read. Also have one with no colours, only letters, great for printing black&white, which I can attach if there's interest.