Bombs and Rerolls

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

natsirtm
Experienced
Experienced

Bombs and Rerolls

Post by natsirtm »

This came up this weekend, and we couldn't find anything determinate to base a decision on.
My gut says no, but couldn't find anything in the rules.

Are you allowed to use a team reroll, to reroll the 4+ chance of knocking someone over who is in a square next to where the bomb explodes.

Reason: ''
Pug
Legend
Legend

Re: Bombs and Rerolls

Post by Pug »

I would say no.
Mainly because my thinking is that Team Re-rolls are for changing the possibility of the players action. Not changing an inanimate object. Just by going by the spirit of the game rules.

Saying that, there's no real part I can see that says you can't technically.

"In Dodge We Trust"
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

No

It is in the text of CRP, if you ignore the bit in brackets it reads "A coach may use a team re-roll to re-roll any dice roll ... made by his own player". The knockdown roll is the same as the stuff in brackets, that is, not player rolls.
CRP wrote: A coach may use a team re-roll to re-roll any dice roll (other than Scatter, Distance, Direction, Armour, Injury or Casualty rolls) made by his own player on his own team and who is still on the pitch during their own turn (even if the dice roll was successful

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Loki wrote:No

It is in the text of CRP, if you ignore the bit in brackets it reads "A coach may use a team re-roll to re-roll any dice roll ... made by his own player". The knockdown roll is the same as the stuff in brackets, that is, not player rolls.
CRP wrote: A coach may use a team re-roll to re-roll any dice roll (other than Scatter, Distance, Direction, Armour, Injury or Casualty rolls) made by his own player on his own team and who is still on the pitch during their own turn (even if the dice roll was successful
I share your interpretation of the spirit of this line, even though it is not one of the rolls mentioned in the brackets. However, you could argue that the "made by his own player" is to distinguish between a bomb thrown by a player on the moving team and a fireball cast by a wizard, rather than to distinguish between a bomb and a player...

Nuffle Sucks!
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

So... can a re-roll be used on a wizard then?

Michael

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

celticgriffon wrote:So... can a re-roll be used on a wizard then?

Michael
"...by a player on his own team and is still on the pitch during their own turn"

Wizard doesn't meet those criteria.

I'm with Duke Jan, the distinction "by a player" is important. The bomb is not a player.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com