Old Ref Rules

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Old Ref Rules

Post by DeathGlam »

Hi guys, im starting a new league where the idea is less about finding out who is the best coach and more about us all having the most fun games we can, one of the house rules i have been asked to look into is the old ref rules, as i never played the game personally when they existed and the players who have suggested it just have a vague memory, so if anybody has a PDF of them or could let me know more details, id be very grateful.

Cheers

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Old Ref Rules

Post by Darkson »

Which ones do you mean by "old"? 3rd edition "I've Got My Eye On You (IGMEOY)" and 2D6 rolls for sending off Secret Weapons, or 2nd edition on-the-pitch refs?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

Sorry, didnt realise there was more then just the one set, the on field Ref rules are what im looking for, as the players in my soon to be league mentioned some of them had special rules similar to Star Players to?

Thanks

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Right. They were from either the Star Player book or the Compendium book - can't recall which at the moment.
Don't think they ever made it to a pdf, at least not an official one. Someone would need to scan their book (which I can't, as my scanners knackered :evil: ). It was taken from an early White Dwarf, which would be easier to scan, but buggered if I know which issue!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Fist of Gales
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fist of Gales »

Pretty sure it isnt in the starplayers book (not 100% certain though), I am guessing it is in the compendium.

TL

DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

Ok thanks guys, now i have a better knowledge of what books i need, i can try to find copies, appreciate the help.

anc001
Experienced
Experienced

Post by anc001 »

I think it was one if the compendiums (compendia?)

DeathGlam
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DeathGlam »

I have checked and it is the 1990 companion book that the Ref rules appear in but sadly for me, i can't find a pdf of it online. :(

wim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wim »

I have those rules. They do look line a lot of fun. I want to try them out in our league, but I think I'll wait till some of our newer players are more comfortable with the rules before adding more. If you're still looking for them sent me a pm and I'll scan them for you.

I also have the rules for playing on a boat. They look like a lot of fun as wel. Shooting cannons, waves and losing your winnings because you caused to much damage to the boat and lots more mayhem.

Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Those ship rules always looked like fun. Big wave hits the ship and players can get surfed into the surf. Comixininos I think sells a pitch, FF I think, that looks like a ship.

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Can you link too the ship rules?

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Bakunin wrote:Can you link too the ship rules?
Go to Google and type "blood bowl at sea" the 4th one down says
(PDF) Blood Bowl magazine 06.pdf

Down load that, I just did to make sure it worked and had the article, it does.

Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

Lychanthrope wrote:
Bakunin wrote:Can you link too the ship rules?
Go to Google and type "blood bowl at sea" the 4th one down says
(PDF) Blood Bowl magazine 06.pdf

Down load that, I just did to make sure it worked and had the article, it does.
thx

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

Bakunin, I just went to read the article I pointed you to and realized that it is part 2 and the construction article. You still need part 1. I cannot find it on the net at the moment. but I do have a scanned copy I found on my computer. PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you. It's 2 MB.