Bombardier throwing table

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

roante
Rookie
Rookie

Post by roante »

Hi All,

I'm playing with gobbos on tabletop and in both the Cyanide game and on Fumbbl.

I have recently spotted that neither the computer games considers the Stunty -1 on throwing the bomb with the bombardier. Based on the Fumbbl client and the Cyanid game a quick pass with the bomb is successful on a 3+ if I recall it correctly. That is strange becuase there should be a -1 because of stunty, combined with Ag 3 that should be a 4+, shouldn't it?

Are you guys aware of a special rule for that? Could you please point me to it, or give some references for me? I've double checked the Secret Weapon, Bombardier, Stunty rules but haven't found anything about it.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Bombardier throwing table

Post by sann0638 »

The star has accurate, if you are using him? Should be 4+ otherwise. I think I forgot this at the weekend, which cost me!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
roante
Rookie
Rookie

Post by roante »

Thanks for pointing that out!

No, not the starplayer Bomber Driddleshot, I'm speaking about a simple bombardier, but that's important to keep in mind. I'm quite sure about this in the Cyanid version of the game works this way, I'll check the Fumbbl game again.

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Sv: Bombardier throwing table

Post by el Superbeasto »

As far as I remember, Cyanide writes the result you need, which is 3+, but then subtracts 1 from your dice roll.

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yep, that baffled me when I failed a Wild Animal blitz on there once... It says something like "you rolled a 1 but require a 4+". It applies modifiers (such as the wild animal +2 when making a block or blitz) to the roll, not the target score.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Stimme
NAF Tournament Director

Post by Stimme »

I agree. Both Cyanide and Fumbbl do it correctly, but announce it in a slightly confusing way. Quick pass with bombardier means fumble on a 1 and 2 and inaccurate pass on a 3.

roante
Rookie
Rookie

Post by roante »

Great, thanks for the verification, guys!

Actually, I think I was confused by the star player after playing a game with gobbos in both of the computer games.

Thanks you all again!