Nerves Of Steel a must for a winning Dwarf Team!

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

KnuckleGutKiller
Experienced
Experienced

Nerves Of Steel a must for a winning Dwarf Team!

Post by KnuckleGutKiller »

Ok You wanna play the Dwarfs Well you can kill but scoring is a problem I have to runners and with the passing ability with nerves of steel these makes it possible. Sprint is also good!!
Killing is great but scoring is need to win.......... Sometimes

Reason: ''
Knuckle Gut Killer

"God is the Lord, of Humans, of Angels, and of Elves" J.R.R. TOLKIEN
Korhil
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Korhil »

Scoring with Dwarfs doesnt require NOS.
NOS doesnt effect the Pick-Up Roll at all, so its of very limited need on offense.
Play a CAGE - if you want to pass - play Elves. Dwarfs should NEVER need to pass during a game to score.

Sprint would be a waste of a dbl roll.
Runners should take something like Dodge or Guard on dbls.

---Korhil

Nermal
Veteran
Veteran

dwarves

Post by Nermal »

yea i have a chaos dwarf team and have never needed to win games. i don't win them all but i don't pass either.

Rolling Thunder
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Both My runners are at 60+ spps they are tasty.
both have Ma7 one is a blodger the other is more of a tackler,
I have thrown the Ball once in 23 games conceded 11 and scored 50+ tds.
The throwing game isn't really needed imo.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Heiper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Heiper »

Lucky, MA7 ohh how i wish i would get MA upgrades on them. I did however get an MA upgrade on a Blitzer, but those poor Runners always get skills, not even double :-(

Funny thing is that i never get doubles on those runners, but on the longbeards, i have one guard and lots of Stand Firm as my doubles come there. I actually have Pass on one of the runners tho, it makes them split up their defense when you do the Cage down, and have the other runner a little further off. I've had use of Pass a few times to get SPP, but not much else than giving the threat on the other side of the pitch too. Keeps the Cage moving.

-Heiper-
aristodeimos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aristodeimos »

KnuckleGutKiller - how exactly are you using NOS to win your games? Passer or catcher? Just curious.

I usually use a cage as well, but that's very slow moving. There are times you have to score in 2 turns. I've had limited success with Hail Mary Pass and Diving Catch. HMP is awesome since I pick up the ball and sit next to my endzone while the rest of the dwarves run all over the field and keep my opponent guessing where the throw is going. HMP is also great since it only fumbles on a natural roll of 1...good for "punting".

Another great skill for Runners is Dump-off. Use the runner as a runningback and dump-off to a blitzer or the other runner to waste your opponents' blitz action. In that scenario, NOS would be great for the catcher.

Well...went full circle on this one. :wink:

~Aristodeimos

ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Tampa, FL (I USED to be able to see Galak in the distance!)

Post by ZanzerTem »

I have a Block, +1STR Runner who never passes. I leave him in the cage, watching my opponent throw 2 dice my choice blocks at him (skull, please!). I then run my 2 blizters downfield a bit, then Blitz out of the cage, hand off, and score with the Blitzer. Works well IMO.

NAF # 581
Commish of the ABBL, Tampa Bay's premier BloodBowl League!
lightingbug
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lightingbug »

I put NOS on my AG4 dodgey Dark Elf. Hasn't helped much to throw with. He actually got intercepted on that one. Getting intercepted pissed me off. I am tempted to get Safe Throw on his next level up (if I roll doubles) Maybe accurate because he has fumbled many dice rolls. I might try to make him into a receiver now that I think about it. NOS might be more useful at that point. hmmm

Has anyone had better luck on throwing or catching with NOS.

Balrog
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Balrog »

I had NOS on a Bretonnian Catcher once, and it was the most useless skill ever.

-Balrog

aristodeimos
Rookie
Rookie

Post by aristodeimos »

I've never seen NOS used well by a thrower, but it's great for catchers...especially the 4AG variety. It's most effective when you have two catchers with it though, since your opponent can only blitz one of them.

Nermal
Veteran
Veteran

NOS

Post by Nermal »

i have seen NOS used mosy effectivly on wood elf catchers. as soon as they penetrate your end (usually 2 or 3 at a time) you can only blitz 1 of them. as a sensible coach you mark them right, so they cannot catch so good...

wrong they have NOS catch just fine and use their stupidly high movement to score, BASTARDS, HATE THEM BIG TIME...

:D :D :D

Rolling Thunder
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

Another good combo with NOS is giving your thrower Safe Throw. That way you don't even care if your opponent is in between your passer and catcher.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Whenever people talk about developing runners with pass or NOS, or Hail Mary or whatever, I wonder who exactly they are passing to.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Skummy
Legend
Legend

Post by Skummy »

It wasn't entirely clear in my post, but I'd be passing to the person with NOS. I agree that giving it to a passer isn't the best idea in the world.

[url=http://www.bloodbowl.net/naf.php?page=tournamentinfo&uname=skummy]Skummy's Tourney History[/url]
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

NOS for a dwarf? Possibly, but if you really count on that you are playing your team in a quite strange way IMHO. When I have to pass to my dwarf runner/chaos Dwarf or whatever player with AG3/2 I always make sure that they are surronded by my own players or at least not by the opponents player. Give him dodge, dodge out of TZ and then make the pass.