Regeneration Timing

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Regeneration Timing

Post by sann0638 »

This was asked on the NAF, and I'm sure of the answer but can't back it up.

The Regeneration roll is always rolled as soon as the casualty is caused (after apo), but why? Don't think it is specified in the rules?

Search failed, obviously.

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Regeneration Timing

Post by Darkson »

Because it says so in the Regeneration text.

I think it was made this way to stop the old 2+ apo being saved, but I might be misremembering.

[Edit] Also, didn't regeneration used to happen at the end of a drive? Don't have old rulebooks on tablet to check.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

as in "after the roll on the casualty table". Is that read as "immediately after"?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

That's how I've played the last couple of editions. I'd have to check previous editions another day.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Yeah, everyone plays it that way :D

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Agreed with the reading of the rules, yet we roll the regen before the casualty result since a successful regen negates it all....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

To add some context, the person posing the question is upset because I only recalled that Wilhelm Chaney had regen after a drive had ended at halftime. He "allowed" (his choice of words, and I honestly thought he was joking) me to make the roll at that time. When the game was over he decided that this had a major impact on the game, despite the fact that Wilhelm was sat on the line and cas'ed again in Turn 10.

I'm more than willing to hear differing opinions, but don't currently believe that I've cheated him.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Digger Goreman wrote:Agreed with the reading of the rules, yet we roll the regen before the casualty result since a successful regen negates it all....
That way only works if you don't have access to (or don't have) an apothecary.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

True and we do the full monty in that case... Good point....

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

Gaixo wrote:To add some context, the person posing the question is upset because I only recalled that Wilhelm Chaney had regen after a drive had ended at halftime. He "allowed" (his choice of words, and I honestly thought he was joking) me to make the roll at that time. When the game was over he decided that this had a major impact on the game, despite the fact that Wilhelm was sat on the line and cas'ed again in Turn 10.

I'm more than willing to hear differing opinions, but don't currently believe that I've cheated him.
Criminy, no one got cheated....

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Gaixo wrote:To add some context, the person posing the question is upset because I only recalled that Wilhelm Chaney had regen after a drive had ended at halftime.
If you mean who I think you mean, he does seem to be a "rules lawyer", and a bad one at that.

fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

Digger Goreman wrote:Agreed with the reading of the rules, yet we roll the regen before the casualty result since a successful regen negates it all....
Guys do that, yes... But for my own players I always insist on the casualty result(s) first, before I roll for Regen. Way more drama. :) Plus, we (thru OBBLM) track injury type caused (BH/SI/KI) on the database, so it'll get rolled anyway.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

sann0638 wrote:Is that read as "immediately after"?
Yes

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers