blitzing with bloodlust

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sympatico
Experienced
Experienced

blitzing with bloodlust

Post by sympatico »

Do I blitz before or after I bite a thrall or does it not matter which?

Reason: ''
besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: blitzing with bloodlust

Post by besters »

Biting the thrall ends the action.

sympatico
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sympatico »

besters wrote:Biting the thrall ends the action.
Ok so before then I guess. But you bite a thrall before passing or handing off, right?

besters

Post by besters »

sympatico wrote:
besters wrote:Biting the thrall ends the action.
Ok so before then I guess. But you bite a thrall before passing or handing off, right?

that's one it says in the rulebook

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

A vampire who has bloodlust has to finish his turn standing next to a Thrall and bite him or else face ejection and cause a turnover. You must do all actions such as blitzing, handing-off or passing prior to the bite.

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Purdindas, you are incorrect:
CRP wrote:Either way, at the end of the declared Action, but before actually passing, handing off, or scoring, the vampire must feed.
(Emphasis mine)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sympatico
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sympatico »

So you must bite a thrall after you blitz but before you pass, hand off or score, and you can't block at all with bloodlust but must make a move action instead, is that right? How about if you're standing next to a thrall while blocking? Can't you just bite him and carry out the block? If not I guess you could just carry out the block, move a square and then back and voila you've blitzed and can now bite the thrall. And what about fouling? (not exactly the most straight forward rule in the game, is it?)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If you declare a Block, you can't change it to a Blitz - they're different actions.
If you decide to Block, you need to end up next to a Thrall after any follow up.

If you foul, you need to end up next to a thrall afterrolling for a foul.

I disagree that it's not straight forward, you just need to read the skill description.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sympatico
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sympatico »

Darkson wrote:If you declare a Block, you can't change it to a Blitz - they're different actions.
If you decide to Block, you need to end up next to a Thrall after any follow up.

If you foul, you need to end up next to a thrall afterrolling for a foul.

I disagree that it's not straight forward, you just need to read the skill description.
Oh so I can block with bloodlust if I end up next to a thrall at the end? Cause in the skill description it says you cant block but must change the action into a move action.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

No it doesn't. It says "may".

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler