Assisting a block vs your own player.

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Assisting a block vs your own player.

Post by Itchen Masack »

This has come to mind due to playing goblins to much! Do you HAVE to lend a defensive assist?

For example the Fanatic (Ball and Chain) hits one of my own goblins. Normally a 3d block, my choice.

But what it the Fanatic was next to 2 other goblins when it hit the first one? Must they lend assists to the target actually making it a 2d block (ie worse for me)?

Reason: ''
Sandwich
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Assisting a block vs your own player.

Post by Sandwich »

Itchen Masack wrote:This has come to mind due to playing goblins to much! Do you HAVE to lend a defensive assist?

For example the Fanatic (Ball and Chain) hits one of my own goblins. Normally a 3d block, my choice.

But what it the Fanatic was next to 2 other goblins when it hit the first one? Must they lend assists to the target actually making it a 2d block (ie worse for me)?
Alternative question: could they assist the fanatic, rather than the gobbo being hit?
As another example, you hit a troll wth 4 gobbos next to him. Can you use 4 assists to give you a 3d block and more chance of just a push?
Yes, I have been known from time to time to "fanatic push" my troll clear of tackle zones... :P

Stunty Cup: NAFC 2014, WISB IV
Most TDs: Cambridge Doubles 2011, Carrot Crunch VI, Boudica Bowl
Wooden Spoon: STABB Cup 2
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Assisting A Block, page 21
1. Must be adjacent to the enemy player involved in the block,
and...
2. Must not be in the tackle zone of any other player from the
opposing team, and ...
3. Must be standing, and …
4. Must have his tackle zones.
They arent adjacent to an enemy player involved in the block as there are no enemy players involved in the block, so they cant assist either the fanatic or the poor target. :D

That's how I read it and that's how I ruled it when a goblin player asked me the same question a few years ago in a league match.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Well I hesitate to use the C word as it gets a certain reaction from some..but Cyanide has been making to suffer defensive assists on my own goblins :-(