Intentionally going below 11 players

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Intentionally going below 11 players

Post by Gaixo »

Is there any rule which prohibits releasing players so that you have fewer than 11?

Reason: ''
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: Intentionally going below 11 players

Post by Digger Goreman »

You must field 11, journeymen, mercs and stars included....

This is how the timmys use elves for maximum brokenness....

3 J-elves and 8 spp maxxed positionals....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

If you mean intentionally taking j-men, no. I don't believe there is.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Digger Goreman wrote:You must field 11, journeymen, mercs and stars included....
Incorrect. Apart from when you initially start the team there is no requirement to have 11 players. Journeymen are optional.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Darkson wrote:
Digger Goreman wrote:You must field 11, journeymen, mercs and stars included....
Incorrect. Apart from when you initially start the team there is no requirement to have 11 players. Journeymen are optional.
True.
Anyway going below 11 (both with j-men and not) is not a tactic that works well outside matchmaking.
And matchmaking is not the game, but just a distorted version.
That, being distorted, doesn't work very well.

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Sv: Intentionally going below 11 players

Post by el Superbeasto »

Darkson wrote: Incorrect. Apart from when you initially start the team there is no requirement to have 11 players. Journeymen are optional.
What? :?

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Sv: Intentionally going below 11 players

Post by Rolex »

el Superbeasto wrote:
Darkson wrote: Incorrect. Apart from when you initially start the team there is no requirement to have 11 players. Journeymen are optional.
"If a team can only field 10 or less players for the next match, the team may bring Journeymen onto the roster..."

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Rolex wrote:
el Superbeasto wrote:
"If a team can only field 10 or less players for the next match, the team may bring Journeymen onto the roster..."
Ah, sorry! I misread Darkson and overlooked the "apart from". (It's early in Denmark...) My bad. Thanks for clarifying! :)

My sales thread:
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

I cannot see much benefit in playing a game without fielding as many players as you can unless you are facing a real bad-ass bashy team that's going to damage your players but even then you can spend the game running away like scared elves he he. But I agree your not forced to. Of course you have to field as many regular players as you have.

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

Tritex wrote:I cannot see much benefit in playing a game without fielding as many players as you can unless you are facing a real bad-ass bashy team that's going to damage your players but even then you can spend the game running away like scared elves he he. But I agree your not forced to. Of course you have to field as many regular players as you have.
There is one situation in which I would do it.
With some teams I would prefer to play with 10 players against a team with no wizard then with 11 against the wizard.

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Tritex wrote:I cannot see much benefit in playing a game without fielding as many players as you can unless you are facing a real bad-ass bashy team that's going to damage your players but even then you can spend the game running away like scared elves he he. But I agree your not forced to. Of course you have to field as many regular players as you have.
You get more inducements and may thus be able to hire a star player.

My sales thread:
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

el Superbeasto wrote:
Ahh I thought he was talking about bring them onto the field. Maybe that's where I am confused in leagues I have played in we always brought the whole team in the reserved box every game.

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Tritex wrote:
el Superbeasto wrote:
Ahh I thought he was talking about bring them onto the field. Maybe that's where I am confused in leagues I have played in we always brought the whole team in the reserved box every game.
Which is correct. If you can(!) field 11 players, you must(!) do so - which can be a real bugger when you have a secret weapon on the sideline. :D

My sales thread:
Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Thanks. It came up during discussion of our league's salary cap, but I don't think anyone is really looking to try it out on purpose.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

There are times I wouldn't take a journeyman to afford a better star.