spiked ball and turn over

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

spiked ball and turn over

Post by garion »

We really need galak and DS on this one.

When you blitz a player that is carrying a spiked ball the ball pops loose lands on the Blitzer and stuns him or worse what happens? Having read all the rules it would suggest it's a turn over. Is this correct? And when does the turn over occur in the sequence?

What happens if the ball scatters about stunning 1 player from your team then one from your opponents then one from yours then one from your opponents ? Has that just caused 4 turn overs in a row?

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: spiked ball and turn over

Post by lunchmoney »

When the Blitzer hits his opponent, sends the ball flying and it lands on the Blitzer, he must attempt to catch it. If it lands on anyone, they must attempt to catch it.
If he fails he is attacked with the Stab skill. If the Stab beats the AV of the Blitzer he is Knocked Down. That's a turn over.
If he caught it, no problem.
If the Stab failed to crack AV, no problem.

It's only 1 turnover.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
garion

Post by garion »

yup i get that much, but what happens if it then lands on someone from the opposing team afting injuring the blitzer and injures them, is that then another turn over?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Still only one turn over as all the injuries happened in the same turn.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No, as the ball needs to come to rest before the next players turn can begin.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garion

Post by garion »

Darkson wrote:No, as the ball needs to come to rest before the next players turn can begin.

cool that's what I assumed but i cannot find where it says this in the rules ?

Also each stab from the ball counts like a block, so I not sure this is actually cleared up anywhere in the rules. Because it looks like it is stab roll av etc.. then scatter, but as it counts as a block it could cause a chain of turn overs.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

P.7 of the CRP (p.3 of the PDF):
A coach that suffers a turnover is not allowed to take any further
Actions that turn, and any Action being taken ends immediately
even if it was only partially completed. Make armour and injury
rolls for players that were knocked down, and if the ball was
dropped then roll to see where it bounces to normally. Stunned
players should be turned face up, and then the opposing coach
may start to take his turn.
Nothing on the Spiked Ball card says it supersedes the normal Turnover rules.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garion

Post by garion »

great thank you, that's good enough for me. Sorry for being so pedantic, the reason I wanted to be so sure is because this is for the next release of the FFB client of fumbbl and a whole batch of new cards are being added so no doubt you will see a number of other annoying questions popping up over the next few weeks from the testing team :)

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson answered with what I would have answered ... so all good.

The turn is not considered over until the ball comes to rest (ie is no longer bouncing).

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
uuni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by uuni »

This was a problem, because Stab skill misses saying "Knocked Down" although it implies that. It describes an alternative sequence to get to Injury roll and does not specify that ending to that Injury roll means the target is Knocked Down.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Yeah that is one of those rules intersections that the rulebook would need to be 1000 pages thick to cover. As far as I know that is the only time the Stab ability can occur during your turn against your team ... so there just is not a rule to cover it specifically (ie Stab does not say Knocked Down). An oversight ... yeah. The Spiked Ball card should have a comment about a player being successfully stabbed on the moving team resulting in a turnover to cover it (rather than the Stab skill saying anything about it) ... (ie put the rule next to where it needs to be instead of universally applying it for no good reason). (Like my health insurance requiring me to have maternity benefits coverage when it is a policy only for myself and my son and we are both male). :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
uuni
Rookie
Rookie

Post by uuni »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Yeah that is one of those rules intersections that the rulebook would need to be 1000 pages thick to cover. As far as I know that is the only time the Stab ability can occur during your turn against your team ... so there just is not a rule to cover it specifically (ie Stab does not say Knocked Down). An oversight ... yeah. The Spiked Ball card should have a comment about a player being successfully stabbed on the moving team resulting in a turnover to cover it (rather than the Stab skill saying anything about it) ... (ie put the rule next to where it needs to be instead of universally applying it for no good reason). (Like my health insurance requiring me to have maternity benefits coverage when it is a policy only for myself and my son and we are both male). :wink:
Thanks! We will take this in account, good!

Successful Stab will be counted as Knocked Down with thats repercussions. (The another loophole that non-Knocked Downess would have opened that if Stab was not Placed Prone nor Knocked Down, roottaken opponent would not recover from Take Root if they would be Stunned by Stab. :-P)