undead ghouls - anyway to save them?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

undead ghouls - anyway to save them?

Post by celticgriffon »

Is there any way to save a ghoul on an undead team? Or is a dead ghoul a dead ghoul always and forever?

Michael

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: undead ghouls - anyway to save them?

Post by Pedda »

Yes, he's dead
You've just got to live with the fact that ghouls die :wink:

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

celticgriffon wrote:Is there any way to save a ghoul on an undead team? Or is a dead ghoul a dead ghoul always and forever?

Michael
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :blue:

Just another foolish inconsistency of the beautiful game... vampires and trolls get the happy apo treatment, but the ghouls are biased against... :pissed:

such an elffed-up deal....

Though, much to Aahz's surprise, a ghoul does qualify to be raised as a zombie if from an opposing team.... :orc:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Sv: undead ghouls - anyway to save them?

Post by el Superbeasto »

celticgriffon wrote:Is there any way to save a ghoul on an undead team? Or is a dead ghoul a dead ghoul always and forever?

Michael
Igor can save a ghoul. Otherwise, Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead. ;)

EDIT: No he can't! Thanks for pointing that out, Joemanji.

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Igor cannot save a Ghoul because they don't have regen.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Joemanji wrote:Igor cannot save a Ghoul because they don't have regen.
Sorry - my bad! :oops:

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Digger Goreman wrote:Just another foolish inconsistency of the beautiful game... vampires and trolls get the happy apo treatment, but the ghouls are biased against... :pissed:
For the record ... one of the changes I really tried to make to the new rulebook when Jervis asked if we could simplify the inducement rules anymore before entering the final 2 years of testing what became the CRP was to delete the IGOR and allow all teams to use a Wandering Apothecary. Since I had already re-written the rules so that it was clear how the Apothecary worked on Vampires ... I saw no reason we could not do this. I'm honestly still not sure why Jervis and the other BBRC members thought it was a bad idea. I still like it.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Sounds good to me.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
burgun824
Legend
Legend

Post by burgun824 »

I love playing undead. Probably my favorite team to play ATM. I also hate loosing ghouls because it's annoying and mine always seem to get killed the game after their second skill.

However, I will make the argument that Undead are strong enough already and don't need anymore help. The loss of ghouls helps balance them out a little more IMO. So despite how annoying it is I think it's ultimately for the better that they stay dead.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

burgun824 wrote:However, I will make the argument that Undead are strong enough already and don't need anymore help. The loss of ghouls helps balance them out a little more IMO. So despite how annoying it is I think it's ultimately for the better that they stay dead.
This +1. Also why Necro are a touch better than Undead, given that they only have two players at risk.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Understood ... which is why I suggested it only apply to the Wandering Apothecary and not the normal permanent Apothecary.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'd rather they just had the option of an on-roster Igor, perhaps with the rule that it could be used as a Apo on a non-Regen player (i.e. the ghouls), but one or the other (so if you use it to try to save a ghoul you couldn't use it to reroll a regen). I mean Necromaners and their minions are going to learn a little about anatomy along the way.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

FRA Arrests - Tegu Lizdry and Robius Fordius

Late last night former Desert Dragons Head Coach, Tegu Lizdry, was arrested by the RCMP in his swampy winter retreat near Regina Beach.

Lizdry left his lackluster coaching career in the RFBBL at the beginning of this season when his good friend, Robius Fordius, offered him top position with the Federal Regeneration Agency. They met at Turunga College way back in 1997.

Petitions have already gone up from non-profit activist group RMHU (Regeneration Makes Healthy Undead). They are demanding Lizdry and Fordius be exiled to Lustria.

Lizdry apparently was using Sex-Changed Skinks to create the official Scrolls of Regeneration for the CBBL (Canadian Blood Bowl League). The skinks were under deliberate orders (via Lizdry himself) to mis-translate the scrolls causing them to fail at least 93% of the time.

In a formal interview, The Walker's Head Coach, Jonny Slammer, had this to say, "I am furious. Heads are going to roll from this day forward. And then I am going to dig them up again personally. It is going to be ugly people. I guarantee it."

The Walker's have had a terrible string of events this season. A closure to the RFA Regeneration Scroll Scandal will hopefully stop the bleeding. Knightmare (Wight / 36 SPP's), Son of Mumm-Ra (Mummy / 42 SPP's), and now LC (Ghoul / 85 SPP's) have all been killed within the past few weeks. And to rub salt into the Walkers wounds Lethargy (Ghoul / 41 SPP's) was forced to retire as well.

"It is just not right", said number one Walker's Fan Minnie von Pearl. "The Undead regenerate. That is just how it is. I am overwhelmed today. I demand the Bobbit Penalty for Fordius and Lizdry!"

Life Challenged (LC) was the league's second most experienced player, only a few SPP's behind her team-mate Leaky. And most fans did not know LC (or Elsie) was also the league's top thrower. Yes people, not a human or a Wood Elf - a little Girly Ghoulie.

"Damn LC.. For f*&^ sakes... She popped her head up at the last minute. I didn't mean to hoof her. She was such a fierce opponent. I really dun't likz bumping da chickz", said Mad-Eye Ska-sta-khan.

Despite the ongoing trial we expect a record breaking crowd at the double funeral on Sunday.

"I would expect most of Regina and perhaps Saskatchewan to be in attendance", said lead Administrator at Regina Memorial. "Son of Mumm-Ra and LC were two of the best. We already have about 3000 Zombies outside our office. Our poor Halfling biscuit crews have been working 24/7 for the internment. If they wouldn't eat 1/2 of what they made we would probably be ok."

Whatever happens from then till now, it should be an interesting All-Star Game this Saturday.

~Burnt Cookies – star reporter / Regina Morning Follower

I know this is fluff... but I couldn't resist...

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Tritex
Legend
Legend

Post by Tritex »

Its maybe where the expression 'Came to a ghoulish end' come from :P

Blood Bowl .. Live to play and play to live! Check out now:

www.tritex-games.co.uk
www.tritex-games.co.uk
Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

In older fluff, Ghouls were supposed to be a subspecies of humans that had debased themselves by feeding on the dead but weren't technically dead themselves. Newer Crypt Ghouls seem to be actually undead so there would be cause to give them Regeneration. Of course they'd come with a 90 or 100k sticker price.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com