Apothecary Bloodlust bitten Thrall

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Apothecary Bloodlust bitten Thrall

Post by CyberedElf »

During a match, an Apothecary may attempt to cure a player who has suffered a Casualty or been KO'd. . . . immediately after the player suffers the Casualty, you can use the Apothecary to make your opponent roll again on the Casualty table (see page 25) and then you choose which of the two results to apply. If the player is only Badly Hurt after this roll (even if it was the original Casualty roll) the Apothecary has managed to patch him up and pump him full of painkillers so that the player may be moved into the Reserves box
make an Injury roll on the Thrall treating any casualty roll as a Badly Hurt
Just seeking a clarification.
Can you use an Apothecary to put a Badly Hurt bitten Thrall into reserves?
Is the "casualty roll" mentioned in Blood Lust the result of the Injury roll or is it the same as the "Casualty roll" mentioned in Apothecary?
As the first instance is not capitalized it is reasonable to assume it refers to the result of the Injury roll and that no Casualty roll is actually made.
If no Casualty roll is made can the Apothecary be used? The Apothecary only has effects on Casualty rolls. It explicitly states it lets you re-roll and only a Casualty roll of Badly Hurt can be moved to reserves.

I think the intent is you can use the Apothecary on a Badly Hurt bite, but the rules-lawyer in me interprets it differently. Can anyone add clarity or dissenting view? Simple agreement sheds no new light, unless it comes from a recognized authority.

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Apothecary Bloodlust bitten Thrall

Post by lunchmoney »

make an Injury roll on the Thrall treating any casualty roll as a Badly Hurt
There's your clarity. You make the CAS roll, but it doesnt matter what you get, it gets treated as Badly Hurt. Then use your Apo.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

Am I to understand, it is your opinion that "casualty roll" is a typo, and should be written "Casualty roll"?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

CyberedElf wrote:Am I to understand, it is your opinion that "casualty roll" is a typo, and should be written "Casualty roll"?
Yup ... that is what he is saying and what I agree with ... apologies for the typo in the caps. I tried to be careful about that but it was a really big document to work with during editing.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
CyberedElf wrote:Am I to understand, it is your opinion that "casualty roll" is a typo, and should be written "Casualty roll"?
Yup ... that is what he is saying and what I agree with ... apologies for the typo in the caps. I tried to be careful about that but it was a really big document to work with during editing.
Thanks for clarifying me, it was what I was trying to say :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95