Vampire Bloodlust & Scoring

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Vampire Bloodlust & Scoring

Post by Waldorf28 »

Ok I gets ya! Essentially declaring a block on the target outside the endzone as part of the Blitz action would be illegal and the block would not occur, then the TD would be scored.

Reason: ''
Commissioner at the UKBBL.
dode74
Ex-Cyanide/Focus toadie

Post by dode74 »

So you could declare the blitz but could not block at all?

el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
dode74 wrote:I suspect that Frenzy follow-up is not considered a "voluntary" move and that the "must end" bit from p. 15 does not apply.
This is a tricky one but if I was ruling on it from a tournament. I would rule that throwing the first block of the blitz was something that would cause a Voluntary chain of events that would cause the player to leave the end zone and as such the throwing of the block was not allowed.
Sorry - can't help myself. :D
What if the blitz is made from outside the endzone, but the player, on whom the blitz is declared - and who is in the endzone - has side-step. First roll is a push-back, and the player with side-step jumps out of the endzone. Would you then have to follow up with a second block and, thus, risk leaving the endzone? Or would you still rule the blitz as not allowed since it had the potential to cause a Voluntary chain of events that would cause the player to leave the end zone?

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

In the case you described ... I would allow it since it was the opponent that allowed him to not score.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Jas1279
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Jas1279 »

So, is it legal for a blitzing player in an identical situation who does *not* have frenzy skill to throw a block from within the endzone onto a player stood outside the endzone?

Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Waldorf28 »

I would expect yes throw the block, but you can't follow up and must score.

Commissioner at the UKBBL.