Rolling too many Block Dice

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Rolling too many Block Dice

Post by Itchen Masack »

What happens when the opponent rolls 2d when it should be a 1d block?

Happened yesterday when my opponent mistakenly rolled 2 and kindly offered to let me pick which result i preferred (so effectively a 1/2 block). There was a skull showing but in the interest of fair play i let him simply roll the 1d again.

Actually I would normally offer to let the opponent re-consider the block entirely as it was a mistake, but some opponents insist on accepting they made a mistake and roll the 1d block afresh.

So was wondering is there a correct proceedure, or an official NAF stance on this?

Reason: ''
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: Rolling too many Block Dice

Post by Joemanji »

I would usually ask my opponent to take back both dice and roll a new one (even if it is a double of a dice face). I'd allow the chance to take back the action though given the new information available.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Yeah same as that Joe, but was just checking if there was an official rule? (not that I dont consider you official :p )

Imagine there are a few players who would insist on choosing one of the two dice rolled in error and cause bad feelings in the game.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I'm not aware of any official ruling, either from any of the NAF big cheeses or the body as a whole. I guess that is something we could do, or at least offer recommendations for commonly occurring situations. But there is merit in people resolving a situation between themselves to minimise bad blood. If two people reach common agreement it often leads to a happier resolution than if they have to refer to guidelines that one party might feel does not favour them.

Personally I don't want to take advantage of any honest mistake my opponent might make, so I'll try to be as fair as possible and keep the match flowing. It is only a game after all.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Joemanji wrote:... don't want to take advantage of any honest mistake my opponent might make, so I'll try to be as fair as possible and keep the match flowing. It is only a game after all.
+1

If the dice are the same then I will usually just let that result stand. If they are different, then allow a take back and rethink.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

If there ever was to be an official rule, could rolling a d2 to decide which of the two dice is used work?

Usually us Blood Bowlers are pleasant enough to come to a sensible solution, and I'd offer the opponent to take back the action entirely if they like, but very occasionally you meet someone who is a dick and it just makes playing the rest of the match an unsavoury experience!

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Itchen Masack wrote:...but very occasionally you meet someone who is a dick and it just makes playing the rest of the match an unsavoury experience!
Hasn't happened recently has it...?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

NO!

Please let me be clear in this :D That part has absolutely nothing to do with any recent matches, just something I'd like to discuss on here during a slow day at work!

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

simple
just roll the correct amount of dice after the error was discovered

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Work out dice rolling conventions before the game.... For the group I am in, if any roll is improper or not flat on field/table, it must be rerolled.... The old numerical+blocking Impact dice are your friends....

Funny how many times my successes land slanted on some player's base :roll:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

(Re) Roll the correct amount of dice. I'd also let the opponent reconsider the action btw

W

Fighting signature size creep ;)
Frenzy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Frenzy »

As long as it's consistent. Even if it's just consistent throughout the match, but differs from game to game.

I had a situation awhile back where my opponent made this mistake and offered to let me pick because neither dice favored me. Then not 5 minutes later, he made the same mistake and when the dice favored me, insisted that he must reroll.