Does pouring rain affect hand off actions?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Does pouring rain affect hand off actions?

Post by lunchmoney »

J_Bone wrote:This leads to another funny one that came up last night... Catching the bomb. If it hits the target square is it counted as being "accurate" when it comes to catching it i.e. +1 to catch? It seems counterintuitive to have somebody being able to take advantage of the accurate throw when it comes to catching something thrown by the opposing team. However, the rulebook appears to define an accurate throw as the thrower having passed the necessary passing agility roll to hit the target square without scattering. I think this may be quite cut and dry but it still led to discussion due to it being a bit of an odd idea.
Yes, you do get a +1 to catch an accurate bomb. The key here is throw a bomb at AG1 players, or the square in front of them and hope they catch the blast [pun intended ;) ]

Reason: ''
Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

+1 to all the above.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

Thanks for the help guys... Much appreciated! Clears up some of the weird, ambiguous things that tend to crop up on the field! :)

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

J_Bone wrote:Yes... I'd never spotted that before either! "when you hand the ball off to another player, friend or foe". Madness! :-?
I have done so in the past. I was so angry at my inability to do anything that l handed off to my opponent who then blitzed me off and scored. It was awesome.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

howlinggriffon wrote:One interesting thing about this is that I hadn't realised that I could elect to hand the ball off to an opposing player.
What is even better is that you can also pass to an opposing player, which is why you should give your Dark Elf Runner Wrestle; you have the ball, you get Blocked, you Dump Off pass to the Blocking player, he catches it, blocks you and then rolls both down, you use wrestle and then he suffers a turnover because a player on the moving team loses the ball! :smoking:

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

Dr. Von Richten wrote:
howlinggriffon wrote:One interesting thing about this is that I hadn't realised that I could elect to hand the ball off to an opposing player.
What is even better is that you can also pass to an opposing player, which is why you should give your Dark Elf Runner Wrestle; you have the ball, you get Blocked, you Dump Off pass to the Blocking player, he catches it, blocks you and then rolls both down, you use wrestle and then he suffers a turnover because a player on the moving team loses the ball! :smoking:
hmmm
never thought of that
but ....
turnovers #3 <icepelt pg 7 >
A player from the moving team attempts to pick up the ball and fails (note: failing a catch roll, as opposed to a pick up, is by itself never a turnover) or
so he is failing to catch and thus not a turnover

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

daloonieshaman wrote:so he is failing to catch and thus not a turnover
Incorrect. He's made the catch, then placed prone which in itself isn't a turnover but:
P.7 wrote:A player on the moving team is Knocked Down (being injured by the crowd or being Placed Prone is not a turnover unless it is a player from the active team holding the ball; e.g. skills like Diving Tackle, Piling On and Wrestle count as being Placed Prone) or

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

i did not get the part that he caught the ball before going down
and he would have to roll both down and choose to take it
risky play

I don't like the odds of the play
he declares a block
you dump off to him
he catches it
then for a turnover to happen he has to either roll skull or both down usually on 2 dice with or without a reroll

if he drops the ball it is not a turn over (he is in a tackle zone)
odds are in favor of him pushing you and you giving up the ball for free

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Now that I agree on - very risky play with little chance of success.
BUT...
If it does work would get you out of a hole, and sometimes there's no better target to aim at.

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

daloonieshaman wrote:i did not get the part that he caught the ball before going down
and he would have to roll both down and choose to take it
risky play

I don't like the odds of the play
he declares a block
you dump off to him
he catches it
then for a turnover to happen he has to either roll skull or both down usually on 2 dice with or without a reroll

if he drops the ball it is not a turn over (he is in a tackle zone)
odds are in favor of him pushing you and you giving up the ball for free
While you are right that this is entirely unlikely to succeed, you fail to realize that if it does work, the look on your opponents face alone will be worth it! 8)

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

If the nightmare strip ball leap wrestle gutter runner tries it, chances are that he will be blocking uphill. Then its almost viable.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
TalonBay
Star Player
Star Player

Does pouring rain affect hand off actions?

Post by TalonBay »

If he does catch it and doesn't roll both down he can't then pass or hand off to get the ball clear, small benefit but better than another player running away with it

The Daventry League: Pitchblack Stealers http://www.level10.org/BloodBowl/index.php?section=main
Proud Owner of the TFF Minisorca Vikings Legacy 2011 viewtopic.php?f=25&t=36011
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

TalonBay wrote:If he does catch it and doesn't roll both down he can't then pass or hand off to get the ball clear, small benefit but better than another player running away with it
point

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

If you dodged a player into the cage with guard then blitzed and your opponent declared a dump off to your blitzing player you could declare an interception with the guard player to give you an extra chance to catch the ball.....l :D

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

glowworm wrote:If you dodged a player into the cage with guard then blitzed and your opponent declared a dump off to your blitzing player you could declare an interception with the guard player to give you an extra chance to catch the ball.....l :D
not to mention extra spps