Question: when Special Play cards must be bought?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Question: when Special Play cards must be bought?

Post by MattDakka »

Please, I would like to have an official answer about this CRP rule on page 32, if possible:
"If a league uses both the Special play cards and the Inducement System on page 28, coaches should be allowed to purchase Special Play cards and see what card(s) they draw before purchasing other inducements."
if Special Play cards are allowed in a League when you have to purchase them?
Can you purchase cards whenever you like during the inducements phase?
Or you must purchase cards only BEFORE any other inducements?

Thanks in advance! :D

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Question: when Special Play cards must be bought?

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The reason the rule was written that way is some Special Play cards mimic other inducements. So if you purchased that inducement and then got your card and got that inducement you had already bought you would feel ripped off.

For that reason you are supposed to get the cards before buying other inducements.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

Thank you very very much!
:D

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

So, as it may be advantageous to the coach to see his cards prior to other inducements, he is allowed to purchase and review them first.
However, I see no advantage that could be gained by doing it the other way around nor are there any other random inducements, so I can't see why a coach should have to purchase them first.
Presumably a coach is also entitle to purchase and view cards individually before deciding whether to purchase more cards or other inducements?

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Vanguard wrote:So, as it may be advantageous to the coach to see his cards prior to other inducements, he is allowed to purchase and review them first.
However, I see no advantage that could be gained by doing it the other way around nor are there any other random inducements, so I can't see why a coach should have to purchase them first.
The rule is in the book so that a head of league does not force coaches to get the other inducements first before getting a card. If a coach wants to make a poor decision and buy inducements and then get a card ... well I cannot cure poor decision making in Blood Bowl.
Presumably a coach is also entitle to purchase and view cards individually before deciding whether to purchase more cards or other inducements?
Correct

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers