Is it possible to Blitz and Pass in the same action

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Zak Hazard
Rookie
Rookie

Is it possible to Blitz and Pass in the same action

Post by Zak Hazard »

So, like it says in the subject line - is it possible for a model to both Blitz and Pass in the same action? I had always assumed so, but checking through the rules, it doesn't seem to be the case. A Pass action is described as a normal move, for example, with a Pass action at the end of it. A Blitz, of course, is not a normal move. Other than this, there's nothing that says specifically one way or the other. In leagues back in Ireland I had a player on my Dark Elf team who would routinely Blitz his way out of a pack of opponents around him in order to get into a good Passing position, when he would then throw the pass, but now I'm thinking I may have been doing something that wasn't allowed. I'll be at the Orclahoma Bowl next weekend, and it would be good to know before I go what the ruling on this is. Hope I haven't been getting it so wrong for so long....

Thanks!

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Is it possible to Blitz and Pass in the same action

Post by Darkson »

No you can't. A player can do one action - move, Blitz, Pass, Foul, Hand-off.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Zak Hazard
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Is it possible to Blitz and Pass in the same action

Post by Zak Hazard »

Thanks, Darkson. That's what I thought, but it's better to be sure.