Orcs and Goblins

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Being ill yesterday and home from work I took the chance to go through my print out of the rules review. One thing I noticed is that NOWHERE does it mention Orc teams being allowed 0-4 goblins.

Now, considering that the Handbook, Death Zone Playbook and the rules review are the complete official rules - where's the official mention of the gobboes?

Do I just need to update my copy of the rules review?

(typo edit)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Thadrin on 2002-02-22 07:42 ]</font>

Reason: ''
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

I think it was mentioned in the Q&A section on the GW's new rules section.....

So, they are still allowed.

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Yup, Lucy is right, they forgot to add it, so they FAQd it instead....

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

Technically it wasn't included in the rules review because it was already in the Deathzone book as a special rule. It's always been allowed. The rule will probably be modified when the allies rule are released.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Not trying to stuff words into neominal's mouth here ... but I think what he meant to say is:

"The official version of Blood Bowl is that 0-4 Goblins are allowed on the Orc team since the rule has always been in the Death Zone. In upcoming months, experimental rules for using allies will be published in the Citadel Journal which will probably address Goblins on Orc teams ... however these rules are experimental not official until the BBRC agrees to permanently add them in an October review."

Don't be annoyed neominal ... I just wanted to make sure that everyone here was aware that the exact nature of the rules you reference. A lot of the members of the board don't frequent the other boards and that your post could have been misunderstood in a vaccuum. Sorry for the post.

Galak

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Thanks guys. I thought I'd been through DZ but I must have missed that bit...hell, i've had a head cold all wek. I'm allowed lapses.

I'm now going to cycle home from work in a snowstorm. :smile:

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

No your not :grin:

You're definetely allowed to bike home through the snowstorm though.

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

The term is to cycle...hence going cycling. Biking generally refers more to Motorbikes, ala DW and LF.

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Yea!!!

May the summer be long and hot, cos I'm going for warp speed. Watch out Spanish, French and Dutch dudes because I may well be terrorising a town near you when I hit the continent agian this year.

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

in the section of DZ that goes through all the (new) races, the section on gobbos DOES say that up to 4 gobbos can be in an orc team, but not vica versa. and i do believe that it is mentioned in the Q&A section of the review aswell

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Found it. I was Ill at the time I reread everythng. I didn't remember it being part of teh DZ rules though.

At least I can use the two Goblin models I have knocking around as part of my new Orc team now. Just need to find a good troll model. Aren't there meant to be some new Big Guys being produced?