Journeymen before Inducements?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Mike_Rushby
Experienced
Experienced

Journeymen before Inducements?

Post by Mike_Rushby »

Just to confirm, is it correct to say that:

Journeymen are taken before resolving inducements. So a starting roster of 10 active players could have a journeyman lineman added to make up the 11 and then due to TV difference could add a star/induced player during pre-match to take the team to 12 players?

Cheers.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Journeymen before Inducements?

Post by Darkson »

Yes.

Officially, Journeymen are taken as part of the post-game sequence (#7), while inducements are worked out in the pre-game sequence.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Mike_Rushby wrote:Just to confirm, is it correct to say that:

Journeymen are taken before resolving inducements. So a starting roster of 10 active players could have a journeyman lineman added to make up the 11 and then due to TV difference could add a star/induced player during pre-match to take the team to 12 players?

Cheers.
Yes. Journeymen are in post game sequence, not pre-game, so potentially weeks before you get to determine inducements :lol:

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
Mike_Rushby
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mike_Rushby »

Perfect - thanks.

RoterSternHochdahl
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by RoterSternHochdahl »

I'd like to add to this question.

Does that mean that - if I refrained from taking journeymen to fill my roster - I could take star players even though I do not have 11 non-star players?
If so, what is the consequence for tournament rosters if the tournament rules allow inducements and do not state explicitely that 11 "normal" players need to be on the roster (usuall they just refer to 11 players)?

"Chess is two stoic soviet sleeper agents silently conducting 300 possibility calculations per second. Blood bowl is a game where a halfling makes a shepherds pie so you lose all your re rolls." (Thanks to nonumber)
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

RoterSternHochdahl wrote:Does that mean that - if I refrained from taking journeymen to fill my roster - I could take star players even though I do not have 11 non-star players?
Yes. The only time you have to have 11 rostered players is at team creation.
If so, what is the consequence for tournament rosters if the tournament rules allow inducements and do not state explicitely that 11 "normal" players need to be on the roster (usuall they just refer to 11 players)?
That's up to the organiser to decide, there is no set rules - some, like my own, say you must have 11 players before Stars, others count stars in the minimum 11. So basically the answer to your second question is "ask the Tournament Organiser".

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote: , others count stars in the minimum 11. So basically the answer to your second question is "ask the Tournament Organiser".
Are there many that do that? ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Waldorf28
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Waldorf28 »

I suppose the tournament this is most pertinent to is the imminent Albion Coast one.

Commissioner at the UKBBL.
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

lunchmoney wrote:
Darkson wrote: , others count stars in the minimum 11. So basically the answer to your second question is "ask the Tournament Organiser".
Are there many that do that? ;)
many tourney in France/Belgium do.