[LRB6] Clarification on Standing Up and use of movement

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Choux
Rookie
Rookie

[LRB6] Clarification on Standing Up and use of movement

Post by Choux »

Hello,

I had a question about wording on the Standing Up rules. Rules specify that:
Standing Up
The only time a player can stand up is at the beginning of an Action at a cost of three squares from his movement. If the player has less than three squares of movement, he must roll 4+ to stand up - if he stands up successfully, he may not move further squares unless he Goes For It. Failure to stand successfully for any reason is not a turnover.
And
Going For It
When a player takes any Action apart from a Block, he may try to move one or two extra squares over and above the number that he is normally allowed to move - this is called 'going for it' or GFI.
NOTE: if a rule refers to a player's 'normal movement' do not include the one or two GFI squares.
As I read it, everytime a rule refers to a player's 'normal movement', GFI are not included (eg Ball&Chain). Therefore everytime 'normal movement' is not specified, 'squares of movement' refers to a player MA and potential GFI (2 to 3 if Sprint). For instance, you can Leap on your GFI and the Leap skill include "Making a leap costs the player two squares of movement."

So, if a 2 MA player is prone and try to Stand Up, what should I roll ?
1. A 4+ roll to stand up. I will then be able to GFI
2. Pay the 2 MA available and one GFI (as a square of movement) to Stand Up.

If the answer is 2., what is the expected sequence ?
1. Pay the 2 MA and roll for the GFI to stand up
- If the GFI fail, stay prone (no turnover ?)
- If the GFI success, stand up

2. Pay the 3 squares of movement, Stand Up and then roll for GFI (same sequence as Leap: roll Leap, move two squares, roll GFI)
- If the GFI success, stay on your feet
- If the GFI fail, Knock the player down (involving armour roll) yet no turnover according to Standing Up rule ?

Ultimately, the question is about the exact definition of "Squares of movement". Does it involve a player Movement Allowance and potential GFI (Squares of movement would be 8 for a human lineman > 6MA and 2 GFI) or only the player's movement allowance.

Thanks

Choux

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: [LRB6] Clarification on Standing Up and use of movement

Post by Darkson »

This.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Darkson wrote:
This.
What he says.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Choux
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Choux »