Do Special Play Card failures cause turnovers?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Do Special Play Card failures cause turnovers?

Post by J_Bone »

Just a quick one... I have been looking at taking a special play card for my league match tonight but was not sure exactly how they work in regards turnovers.

There are a number of cards that allow you to take a specific action before any of your players have taken an action. If this is failed does it cause a turnover as usual or is it exempt? i.e. If I fail a leap, block, GFI, pass, whatever do I immediately lose my turn?

Reason: ''
The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Do Special Play Card failures cause turnovers?

Post by GalakStarscraper »

yes ... if something fails that is in the list of things that cause a turnover ... its is a turnover.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Which one are you looking at?
Quite a few allow things to happen between turns or at kick off and they dont cause a turnover as they are not in a turn.

I would say anything that happens during the turn could cause a turnover, unless stated otherwise on the card.

edit: ninj'd by the big red guy

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
J_Bone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by J_Bone »

I was thinking specifically of the Special Team cards (as I only have 50k and am playing Pact so could do with some help actually performing actions) but having re-read them it does appear that I was reading them wrong. You play the card at the start of your turn but most just allow you to do an extra something at any point in your turn (a quick pass, a leap etc.)... It's definitely a part of your actual turn

The brains behind the Double Skulls Podcast http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/

Beardman.