Crowd Surfing?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Crowd Surfing?

Post by Marlow »

Salutations Readers,

Just got back into playing after a few years break and we had a question about crowd surfing in my first game last night.

Orc (O) wants to block Wight (W) who is standing on the edge of the pitch to his NE. With a prone player (X) next to him.
Push Back Squares are N, NE - Both off Pitch; E - Into Prone Player.
---
BWX
O..

My Opponent said I had to chain push X into an empty square and put the Wight there. I thought I could crowd-surf him. Who was correct?

Reason: ''
Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/
hissa-lives
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Crowd Surfing?

Post by hissa-lives »

Marlow wrote:Salutations Readers,

Just got back into playing after a few years break and we had a question about crowd surfing in my first game last night.

Orc (O) wants to block Wight (W) who is standing on the edge of the pitch to his NE. With a prone player (X) next to him.
Push Back Squares are N, NE - Both off Pitch; E - Into Prone Player.
---
BWX
O..

My Opponent said I had to chain push X into an empty square and put the Wight there. I thought I could crowd-surf him. Who was correct?
from that image and blocking in a NE direction, like you say it's a surf. We had this in a league game last season and returning player thoght he could move like side step. Nope it's one of those 3 squares so surfed. In this case it was a skeleton on undead team and it died. Player rage quit and left the league even after it being pointed out in the rulebook

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Prone players occupy squares ... so no push back ... the Wight is surfed.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Yep, it's a surf. It's not just you 'can' surf in that example, if you are doing any sort of push then the defender 'must' go off the pitch.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Rulebook wrote:The player must be pushed back into an empty square if possible. A square containing only the ball is considered empty and a player pushed to it will cause the ball to bounce (see page 13). If all such squares are occupied by other players, then the player is pushed into an occupied square, and the player that originally occupied the square is pushed back in turn. This secondary push back is treated exactly like a normal push back as if the second player had been blocked by the first (prone and stunned players may be pushed this way as well.). The coach of the moving team decides all push back directions for secondary push backs unless the pushed player has a skill that overrides this. Players must be pushed off the pitch if there are no eligible empty squares on the pitch.
I think this part of the rules clears it up.
A square with a prone player in it is not empty, otherwise you could use it for movement. But you can't.
So, with the only square to push into not being empty, you push into the crowd.
End of story.

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

Thanks folks; I thought I was correct. :D

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/