Help me understand Throw Teammate

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Help me understand Throw Teammate

Post by babass »

Toffer wrote:Looks good to me.

Check out this discussion http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/skil ... mmate.682/

it talks about how Strong Arm, Pass, Accurate and Nerves of Steel can affect TTM. This is the summary that maxcarrion gives.

Agility - no effect
Strong arm - reduces the chance of a modified fumble on a short pass by 1
Accurate - reduces the chance of a modified fumble on all passes by 1
NOS - reduces the chance of a fumbled pass by the number of opposing tackle zones
Pass - rerolls a fumbled pass - in most cases your best bet as it has more effect against 2+ and 3+, the normal rolls to avoid fumbles
Pro - While it's half as good as pass for throwing team mates it's a genuinely useful skill when not passing too, especially for big guys making all those really stupid checks, so if that's the way you want to go this would be my first pick
i think, it's sad, there is NO skill to improve landing rolls.
only Ag & tacklezones matters.

I don't know, if it's something that is already included in the plasmoid ruleset.
But, i think, this is missing in the current official ruleset.

I would for example add the following effects to some existing skills:
- NOS (?): reduces the chance of a failed landing by the number of opposing tackle zones
- Jump up (?) : +1 on landing roll
- Very long leps (?): +1 on landing roll
- Sure Feet (?) : rerolls failed landing*

*for this one, we might create a new skills as well... accessible on double skill to right stuff players (in order to mimic the "pass" skill for TTM players: ie: it would cost 30k)

Reason: ''
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

babass wrote:
Toffer wrote:Looks good to me.

Check out this discussion http://bbtactics.com/forum/threads/skil ... mmate.682/

it talks about how Strong Arm, Pass, Accurate and Nerves of Steel can affect TTM. This is the summary that maxcarrion gives.

Agility - no effect
Strong arm - reduces the chance of a modified fumble on a short pass by 1
Accurate - reduces the chance of a modified fumble on all passes by 1
NOS - reduces the chance of a fumbled pass by the number of opposing tackle zones
Pass - rerolls a fumbled pass - in most cases your best bet as it has more effect against 2+ and 3+, the normal rolls to avoid fumbles
Pro - While it's half as good as pass for throwing team mates it's a genuinely useful skill when not passing too, especially for big guys making all those really stupid checks, so if that's the way you want to go this would be my first pick
i think, it's sad, there is NO skill to improve landing rolls.
only Ag & tacklezones matters.

I don't know, if it's something that is already included in the plasmoid ruleset.
But, i think, this is missing in the current official ruleset.

I would for example add the following effects to some existing skills:
- NOS (?): reduces the chance of a failed landing by the number of opposing tackle zones
- Jump up (?) : +1 on landing roll
- Very long leps (?): +1 on landing roll
- Sure Feet (?) : rerolls failed landing*

*for this one, we might create a new skills as well... accessible on double skill to right stuff players (in order to mimic the "pass" skill for TTM players: ie: it would cost 30k)
Honestly, I think that would be too good.

Right now, the weak link in any TTM is the landing and by improving it I think you'd be removing the challenge and fun from the stunty teams.
To me, the TTM is plan B and you shouldn't try it all the time, because it's not a given. By improving the landing you make it plan A.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Leap OR Sure Feet give a reroll OR +1 to landing, no more.
Definitely doesn't need 3 or 4 skills giving it bonuses.

I agree with pedda, it should be a plan B, not a plan A.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Darkson wrote:Leap OR Sure Feet give a reroll OR +1 to landing, no more.
Definitely doesn't need 3 or 4 skills giving it bonuses.

I agree with pedda, it should be a plan B, not a plan A.
Halflings are my favorite team and I agree with the above. Makes it all the sweeter when you get a very rare AG boost on one of your 'Flings :D ...for as long as he lives :blue: .

Deus Magi
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Deus Magi »

No one has mentioned tackle zones affecting the Treeman throwing the little fella? I assume tackle zones make no difference as it's not an accurate pass, but if they did, then friendly tackle zones would counter?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Deus Magi wrote:No one has mentioned tackle zones affecting the Treeman throwing the little fella? I assume tackle zones make no difference as it's not an accurate pass, but if they did, then friendly tackle zones would counter?
Enemy tackle zones affect the throw the same as they affect a pass with the ball.
Friendly tackle zones have no affect, the same as they have no affect on a pass with the ball.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

In regard of the TTM always being inaccurate, you're right.
But in regard to FUMBLE the little fellow, they do count... BADLY! :orc:

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Re:

Post by Afroman »

Regash wrote:
Shteve0 wrote:the player landed ON takes an armour check (NOT the snotling)
Well, they BOTH have to make armor rolls as the snot didn't land on his feet and the other player was hit in the face with a snotlings butt! :orc:
And while we are adding variations:

It is a turnover if both players(the thrown-player and the landed-on-player) are on your team regardless of whether any of the players involved was holding the ball or not.
this because of the Turnover rule 1:
A player on the moving team is Knocked Down (being injured
by the crowd or being Placed Prone is not a turnover unless it is
a player from the active team holding the ball; e.g. skills like
Diving Tackle, Piling On and Wrestle count as being Placed
Prone)

Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

Over the years I have had conflicting info on this question. Does a halfling/goblin land on a 3 or a 4 for Throw team mate.

I think it is a 4. am I right?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yep

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
ddancer
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ddancer »

Toffer wrote:Over the years I have had conflicting info on this question. Does a halfling/goblin land on a 3 or a 4 for Throw team mate.

I think it is a 4. am I right?
Don't forget from the Right Stuff Skill...

A landing roll is an Agility roll with a -1 modifier for each opposing player’s tackle zone on the square he lands in.

So, a 4 is the perfect environmental landing for a non-AG increased Halfling/Goblin. :)

Co-Commissioner of the PBBL
Home to the School of Block
http://pbbl.uhearttrollgate.com
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

From my experience the easiest way to potentially stop a one turn TTM TD is by crowding the big guy.

Let's assume the big guy (without passing skills) is in 3 tackle zones:

Rolls a "5" or less / modifiers = -1 (TTM), -3 (tackle zones) = modified 1 = fumble

Cheers,
Michael

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

celticgriffon wrote:From my experience the easiest way to potentially stop a one turn TTM TD is by crowding the big guy.

Let's assume the big guy (without passing skills) is in 3 tackle zones:

Rolls a "5" or less / modifiers = -1 (TTM), -3 (tackle zones) = modified 1 = fumble

Cheers,
Michael
Only this is quite hard to do since you set up first and the TTD-player is free to place his bigguy so that he won't have a TZ when the TTD is executed.

Varlak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Varlak »

ok, I have another question, regarding the rules:.

If the final square he scatters into is occupied by another player, treat the player landed on as Knocked Down and roll for Armour (even if already Prone or Stunned), and then the player being thrown will scatter one more square

What happens if you scatte into a square occupied by ANOTHER player? do you have to repeat the process? (throw armour for both players again?), if that's correct, can you theoretically bounce from one player to another unlimited times? I cannot find any information about it...

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Explicitly covered in the TTM skill, in fact the next sentence to the one you posted:
If the thrown player would land on another player, continue to scatter the thrown player until he ends up in an empty square or off the pitch (i.e., he cannot land on more than one player).