Hail mary

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Hail mary

Post by Rayphoton »

Does a hail mary pass cause a turnover if no one successfully grabs it on the bounce?

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Hail mary

Post by Darkson »

Yes, it's the same as any other pass in that respect.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

It's not the inacurrate pass that causes the turnover but the failed catch.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Rayphoton wrote:Does a hail mary pass cause a turnover if no one successfully grabs it on the bounce?
Depends what you are using it for.
No Turnover, if no one grabs the hail mary BOMB !

Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

Basically..orc thrower get is ...hurls it to the other side of the field. My preferred scenario is it bounces and then one of my blitzers scoops it up and scores. But if it cause a turnover then I would have to make it the last play of my turn and hope some one is close enough to make it hard on the other team to get to it.

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Rayphoton wrote:Basically..orc thrower get is ...hurls it to the other side of the field. My preferred scenario is it bounces and then one of my blitzers scoops it up and scores. But if it cause a turnover then I would have to make it the last play of my turn and hope some one is close enough to make it hard on the other team to get to it.
Yeah, what you want to do is make a line of blitzers six squares from the end zone, preferably with only green grass between them or the TD. Then, on the second to last turn, sling it out between your blitzers and the end zone. Hail Mary Pass to a player and hoping for a good scatter is wishful thinking, accept the turnover and put the ball in a good(ish) place. The main point is to put the ball out of reach of the offense if your defense has recovered the ball but is under serious pressure. Tactically, think of it as a football punt.

It's a total desperation tactic though. With Orcs you're almost always better off just picking up the ball and grinding your way forward.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Rayphoton
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rayphoton »

So I take it that its generally not a great skill to have

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Not for Orcs. I'd stay well away from any passing skills.

It used to be a sort of plan B for Khemri. Where Thro-ras would use it to launch a ball into an area of skeletons if the running game was getting bogged down. You see if khemri aren't winning the bash game and you continually mark the ball carrier, he can't dodge out at ag2.

Teams are much thinner and skills more finely tuned now. So it's not so relevant even for them. As mentioned above, it's good for bombers though.