Negative FF?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Negative FF?

Post by hutchinsfairy »

Essentially, if I don't buy any FF for a new team and then concede my very first match, do I end up with -1 Fan Factor or 0? I can't see anything in the rules to say you can't have negative FF but it would seem odd and make TV and gate calculations out of whack. Any thoughts or something I missed in the rules?

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Negative FF?

Post by lunchmoney »

I dont think the book says. But I wouldnt let it go into negative numbers.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

No, it stops at zero. Which is just as well, given how abstract it would make FAME calculations if you ended up with a negative modified fan roll...!

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re:

Post by rolo »

Shteve0 wrote:No, it stops at zero. Which is just as well, given how abstract it would make FAME calculations if you ended up with a negative modified fan roll...!
Not to mention that this would strongly imply that you can "buy" a negative amount of fan factor at team creation - how about starting with 1200 GP worth of team but a -20 fan factor?? :orc:

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"