Treeman and Blitz

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

Treeman and Blitz

Post by Twyllenimor »

Is it possible for a treeman who is knocked down to blitz an oppenent player two squares away?

Is it possible for a treeman who is knocked down to blitz an adjacent player and he rooted when he successfully stand up?

Reason: ''
Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Treeman and Blitz

Post by Sainthropee »

Twyllenimor wrote:Is it possible for a treeman who is knocked down to blitz an oppenent player two squares away?

Is it possible for a treeman who is knocked down to blitz an adjacent player and he rooted when he successfully stand up?

This what I think:

1.-Treeman has 2 of movement, so he need 4+ to stand up and then 2 go for it to move next to the oponent, so he needs 1 extra mov to block in the blitz: NOT POSSIBLE.
(TREEMAN-square-square-OPONENT, if this is the the question)

2.-In the skill description says, that he can stand up, but he can not block with a blitz action.
"if a player fails his Take Root roll as part of a Blitz Action he may not block that turn (he can still roll to stand up if he is Prone)."

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Twyllenimor wrote:Is it possible for a treeman who is knocked down to blitz an oppenent player two squares away?
No, unless he has sprint for the blitz GFI
Twyllenimor wrote:Is it possible for a treeman who is knocked down to blitz an adjacent player and he rooted when he successfully stand up?
No, because he's rooted
Sainthropee wrote:"if a player fails his Take Root roll as part of a Blitz Action he may not block that turn (he can still roll to stand up if he is Prone)."

Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twyllenimor »

Mistake from me - there aren't two spaces between the treeman and the player he wants to block. There is only one space between them.

So, treeman rolls for rooted first, then 4+ for standing up. With the 2 GFI the Blitz on the player seems to be possible?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Yep, it's possible. The standing up part doesn't require a Gfi, just a 4+ roll (and the take root test, of course)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

When a tree is on the ground he rolls his Take Root then Stand-Up roll. If he fails his Take Root and his Stand-Up rolls does he stay 'rooted' but not stand up i.e. for the next turn (and after that) he only rolls his Stand-Up roll and when he is successful he stands up but cannot move or blitz until he is knocked down again (or the half ends).

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Shteve0 wrote:Yep, it's possible. The standing up part doesn't require a Gfi, just a 4+ roll (and the take root test, of course)
This.

That's why Jump Up is one of the best double skill we could put a treeman :)

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Loki wrote:When a tree is on the ground he rolls his Take Root then Stand-Up roll. If he fails his Take Root and his Stand-Up rolls does he stay 'rooted' but not stand up i.e. for the next turn (and after that) he only rolls his Stand-Up roll and when he is successful he stands up but cannot move or blitz until he is knocked down again (or the half ends).
Yes, he stays rooted. Take root is only lost if the tree is knock down as part of a block action

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Pedda,
he uproots whenever he is knocked Down or placed prone.
No block action requirement.

This is why I wish halflings had a Bombardier star player - to uproot your own tree :orc:

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

You're right. A bomb and a wizard could place him prone.

But, if he roots while being prone, he's not placed prone since he's already prone and therefore he keeps his taken root status.
No?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Correct.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

So to be explicit.

My treeman is placed prone as she is knocked to ground on previous turn.

On my turn I roll take root first (in appropriate rule order!) and get a 1. I then roll a 2 so I don't stand her up on this turn. BUT the root is still valid and isn't cancelled because I am still prone.

I.E. She is now rooted AND prone (so no more roots for the drive unless she's knocked back down) and if I successfully roll to stand up later in the drive she will be rooted regardless.

I haven't been playing it like this. Ahem.

NAF Name: Cornish
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Cornish ... but you have the rules correct now in that post

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Thanks Galak. I was rolling in the right order but basically ignored the root if I failed to stand up. Rolling for it again on the next turn.

every day is a school day.

NAF Name: Cornish