Bank Rule confusion

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Bank Rule confusion

Post by celticgriffon »

Hey everyone,

Our league uses a bank rule where any amount in the treasury over 200k is added to TV.

Scenario A:

Your team TV 1M
Opponents TV 1.2 M (200k of this amount is realized because the player has 400k in their treasury)

Inducements are 200K.

Scenario B:

Start of the match opponents may take money out of petty cash for inducements. Let’s say they buy a wandering apothecary (100k).

Their TV is still 1.2M.
1 M base cost of team
100k from excess treasury (treasury is now at 300k instead of 400k and anything over 200k is added)
100k from Wandering apothecary.

Inducements for your team are 200k.

Am I thinking about this right?

Scenario 3:
Opponent buys 2 wandering apothecaries at the start of the match using petty cash. Cost 200K
Their TV is still 1.2 M.
1M base cost of team
0k (treasury is currently at 200k - not over 200k)
200k (2 x wandering apothecaries)

Inducements for your team are 200k.

Scenario 4:
Opponent buys 3 bribes using petty cash.
Cost 300k
Their TV is now 1.3M
1M base cost of team
0k for treasury (treasury is now at 100k)
300k for bribes

Inducements for your team are 300k.

Obviously... scenario 3 would be optimal for your opponent.

Cheers,
Michael

Reason: ''
If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Bank Rule confusion

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay ... I read through this ... I feel like it is missing a key point.

At the end of the previous game you have money in the bank (not counting toward TV) and you have Treasury (which does count for TV). This is set at the end of a game.

So for the next game ... your TV for inducements includes the money in your Treasury. It is already in your TV. If you spend it on any inducements .. your TV does not change at all. If you do not spend it on any inducements ... your TV does not change at all.

The scenario could not happen with the Bank. You cannot remove money from the Bank. So if start the game with 200k in Treasury and 200k in the Bank ... then you have 200k that you can use (and is already part of your TV). The other 200k is not part of your TV and cannot be used.

Tom

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
celticgriffon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by celticgriffon »

Hey Tom,

Thanks for reading this. Perhaps I am getting terms and concepts confused.

At the end of my last game my opponent has the following:
1M - Base TV
400k in "unspent" money (should this be labelled as Treasury or in the Bank, both or neither?)
According to our house rules any unspent money carried into the next game over 200k is considered TV.
In this case that would be 200K.
Revised TV is now 1.2M

This is my base for each scenario.

Thanks,
Michael

If you could be anyone would you be yourself? ~ yup it's mine!

Michael aka Da Big Green 'Un (commissioner Regina Flatland BB League - RFBBL)
http://www.reginaflatland.bloodbowlleague.com
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

In the post-game the coach should decide how much they want to move from the Bank (doesn't affect TV) to treasury (does affect TV), if any.

Once they've done that, their TV is "fixed" - they can't decide to transfer money in the pre-game section.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:In the post-game the coach should decide how much they want to move from the Bank (doesn't affect TV) to treasury (does affect TV), if any.

Once they've done that, their TV is "fixed" - they can't decide to transfer money in the pre-game section.
\

Yup ... this is how the Bank rule works.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Celtic,
as the others have stated, if you use the original Bank rule, then there is no Petty Cash rule. The two are mutually exclusive.

If you're playing in an NTBB League, then the NTBB rules merge the Petty Cash rule and the Bank rule.
In that case, just follow the CRP rules for Petty Cash and TV, (you'd just be forced to move at least the 200K into Petty Cash).

Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead