12th man

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

ramchop
Rookie
Rookie

12th man

Post by ramchop »

Not quite a rules question, but what is generally done when a coach accidentally sets up 12 players?

It seems to be a fairly common mistake followed by a situational "what do we do now?" moment.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: 12th man

Post by Darkson »

There are many house rules to cover this, and your best bet is to discuss it with your group and decide amongst yourselves.

We play a random player is sent to Reserves, others play opponent chooses (may or may not be the ball carrier). Some send to KO, some count him as Sent Off. I've seen a ruleset that sent off two players if you set up 12.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Ramchop! Be fair, I haven't done that for at least a week ;)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I've seen some say to carry on. It's both coaches fault for not noticing.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

I seem to remember reading a rule about that in an LRB but can't remember which...
It doesn't seem to be in the CRP, though...

Or maybe my brains is just all mushy because I'm getting old and sometimes I am glad to remember where I live! :wink:

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

Its blood bowl and teams cheat all the time. If it was up to me I would take someone off who isn't involved in the main part of the game.