boxed teams

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Has anyone else noticed that teams can no longer be bought in boxes for races like Norse, Skaven and Amazons. The Amazon team comes in an Army Deal including the Infamous Unicorn who the has to be house-ruled in.

Anyone noticed anything else changing?

Do we take this to mean that they are changing more models than first thought.

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

AFAIK there has never been a box available for Amazons or Lizards due to the fact that they were Fanatic releases and never available over the counter in GW shops. Maybe they've ran out of box covers for some of the others or something. Last team we bought was a Chaos Dwarf, which were sold as per the original box but came 'loose'.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I went through the list of teams on the shop and they have removed the option to select the boxed set now although it is still mentioned in the text.

wierd

neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

I'm not exactly sure what they are doing with the mini's, but it's my guess that they will have boxed sets and blister add on's as well.

Look for them relatively soon. That might be why they are not accessible right now.

DaFrenchCoach
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaFrenchCoach »

Last answer I had from GW UK Mail Order -a few weeks ago-:

you will have "boxed set" price (£18), but you won't have the box and maybe (I'm not sure about this last point) decalcos.

Hope it would help you. Like you, I'm sorry they didn't made a box (and decalcos) for lizardmen and amazons, and surely Kehmri: I've got all in box, except Chaos Dwarves (and looking for)