Pass block

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Pass block

Post by Jembo17 »

I'm not clever enough to draw up a diagram for this situation like many skilled people on here, so i'll do my best to describe it:

1. A Wardancer blitzes a Dark Elf runner.
2. Runner uses 'Dump Off' to try and pass to a nearby comrade.
3. Blitzing Wardancer then uses 'Pass Block' (before rolling any block dice) to move out of the tackle zone of the Runner and between the route of the pass, thus giving himself a better chance at an interception (by being out of the Runner's tackle zone).

Firstly, does the above make sense? Or have I just created an impossible scenario.

Could it actually ever happen?

And can the player declaring the initial block/blitz ever then use Pass Block before resolving the block/blitz?

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Put forward almost this exact question a few years ago on nzbbn :)
D_Arquebus wrote:The 4th question in the back of book FAQ answers this:

You cannot use Pass Block if you are the one making the hit.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Pass block

Post by Jembo17 »

Top man, thanks. It does seem a tad cheesy if you were allowed to declare a block just to flush the ball out and then pass block away.

Cheers!

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

"The normal throwing rules apply, except that
neither team’s turn ends as a result of the throw, whatever it may be."

It doesn't say intercepting or pass blocking isn't allowed and suggests follow normal pass protocol. So unless there's a Q&A Pass Block is viable.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

harvestmouse wrote:So unless there's a Q&A Pass Block is viable.
Like Shtevo's post on the FAQ then.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Darkson wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:So unless there's a Q&A Pass Block is viable.
Like Shtevo's post on the FAQ then.
I cannot be expected to read anything after the first line of the question when I have been drinking! That's expecting far too much. I actually do remember that Q&A now....