Kick skill

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Kick skill

Post by CyberedElf »

The player may not be set up in either wide zone or on the line of scrimmage.
I assume the kicker could be placed in the wide zone and not use Kick because of the context of the sentences before and after.
In order to use this skill the player must be set up on the pitch when his team kicks off. The player may not be set up in either wide zone or on the line of scrimmage. Only if all these requirements are met is the player then allowed to take the kick-off.
Does anyone disagree?

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Kick skill

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Correct ... you may set up there and not use Kick

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

Also, if you set up your kicker "correctly", you roll the kick result and then decide whether you want to use the kick skill. It's not a forced skill.

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

I've also always played it that if a Kicker is correctly set up in the middle, that's enough to be allowed to use the Kick skill. If he then moves on a Blitz! or Perfect Defense, he's already kicked and still gets the bonus. Hope I've been doing that right.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
el Superbeasto
Super Star
Super Star

Post by el Superbeasto »

rolo wrote:I've also always played it that if a Kicker is correctly set up in the middle, that's enough to be allowed to use the Kick skill. If he then moves on a Blitz! or Perfect Defense, he's already kicked and still gets the bonus. Hope I've been doing that right.
Correct. It's the setup position that counts. ;)

My sales thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42857