Starting Point of Throw-ins

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Starting Point of Throw-ins

Post by Regash »

I'm sometimes enjoying arguing just for the sake of it! :orc:
Yes, I'm not only located in Germany but I am a German and english is not my first language.
And no, I actually do not start counting with zero!
If you have the task of counting your fingers of one hand and then add the fingers of the other hand you're not gonne count by starting with zero before you stick out your first finger and you sure as hell do not say '5' two times when you start with your second hand.
At least I do not do it and never will.

By the way: Why would someone choose a zero squares movement over not moving at all?

@ Darkson: I think that discussions are the only reason forums exist.
Would you like it better if every thread was like an initial post just followed by a couple of agreeing comments?
Let me quote your old signature: Bah, Humbug! :wink:

And just in case you didn't get it:
This argument is not about how the rules work, it's about how they are written!

Reason: ''
Shushnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shushnik »

Regash wrote:I'm sometimes enjoying arguing just for the sake of it! :orc:
Yes, I'm not only located in Germany but I am a German and english is not my first language.
And no, I actually do not start counting with zero!
If you have the task of counting your fingers of one hand and then add the fingers of the other hand you're not gonne count by starting with zero before you stick out your first finger and you sure as hell do not say '5' two times when you start with your second hand.
At least I do not do it and never will.

By the way: Why would someone choose a zero squares movement over not moving at all?

@ Darkson: I think that discussions are the only reason forums exist.
Would you like it better if every thread was like an initial post just followed by a couple of agreeing comments?
Let me quote your old signature: Bah, Humbug! :wink:

And just in case you didn't get it:
This argument is not about how the rules work, it's about how they are written!
To remove hypnotic gaze.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Shushnik wrote:To remove hypnotic gaze.
Oh, okay...
I haven't played against Hypnotic gaze yet, so this never occured in any of my games.
And when I checked my CRP, it's already in the rules for movement, so no discussion about being allowed to move zero squares.

But still, you won't hear me count to zero... :wink: :orc:

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

Regash wrote:By the way: Why would someone choose a zero squares movement over not moving at all?
Not only can a zero movement Move action be used to get rid of Hypnotic Gaze, it can be done to do a Hypnotic Gaze. Likewise, a zero movement Foul Action can be chosen.
CRP p. 7 wrote:When all players in a team have performed an Action then the turn ends
Unless there is a turnover, if you choose not to move any player at the end of your turn, you technically chose to give them all a Move Action of zero movement.
Tentacles, of course, can cause a zero movement Action, but you did say "choose."

Text deleted because I promised Darkson I would play nice with others today. :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

A zero Move can also be used to (attempt) to get rid of Bonehead and Really Stupid, and a zero move in a Blitz activates certain skills (Horns for example - though I suppose technically it's a 1 move, even if you have no intention of following).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.