Dodge, Diving Tackle and Reroll

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Dodge, Diving Tackle and Reroll

Post by dreamscreator »

Playing in Fumbbl happens one thing that maybe is a bug, but it created on me the doubt.

Gutter Runner dodging at 2+, fail the dodge rolling 1. He used dodge skill, he dodged succesfully rolling 3. Then the other player used Diving Tackle, that means that the gutter fail the dodge again but, Fumbbl give me the oportunity of use a reroll.

Is it possible roll three times the same thing? I'm pretty sure that not and it's a bug but... the seed of the doubt is growing in me.

Reason: ''
Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Dodge, Diving Tackle and Reroll

Post by Regash »

LRB6, page 14 wrote:VERY IMPORTANT: No matter how many re-rolls you have, or what type they are, you may never re-roll a single dice roll more than once.
I'd say it is a bug with FUMBBL.

Shushnik
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shushnik »

Regash wrote:
LRB6, page 14 wrote:VERY IMPORTANT: No matter how many re-rolls you have, or what type they are, you may never re-roll a single dice roll more than once.
I'd say it is a bug with FUMBBL.
Agreed. Unless it was a new dodge attempt after succeeding the first, no reroll should be available to use on that attempt.

FUMBBL movement can be quick enough to cause confusion, but provided that isn't happening it's a bug.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Yes that is a bug if it is doing it that way.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Then it was a bug. Because it was all in the same dodge.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Might be worth asking someone (that uses FUMBBL) to double-check the replay - I know even in the few games I played there that there were things I thought were done wrong until I looked at them later, due to the speed in which it happens.

Then if you get independent confirmation it's a bug you can report it (unless it's already on their changes list?).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garyt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garyt »

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=1401

Yes that is in the bug reports. Dodge reroll plus team reroll after diving tackle. That said diving tackle still seems very effective!