Miscellaneous Mayhem Card: Blackmail

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Miscellaneous Mayhem Card: Blackmail

Post by kyrre »

This card is in the new Blood Bowl box and also appear in LRB6.
BLACKMAIL
Description: You have the goods on one of the opposing players, and you have chosen
now to call in your favor..

Timing: Play at the beginning of your turn, before any player takes an action.
Effect: You may treat a chosen opposing player as a member of your team instead of this
turn only. Note that the referee recognizes the player as an opponent, so you may not
score a touchdown for your team with this player.
How does this card work? I think this card is at least one sentence short of being clear. I am unable to find an answer to this online.

Will my players tackle the blackmailed teammate? How does assists work? Will the blackmailed player cause a turnover for the team using the card against me if they fail at something important?

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Miscellaneous Mayhem Card: Blackmail

Post by GalakStarscraper »

kyrre wrote:How does this card work?
For one turn (just your turn) ... one opposing player plays for you instead of the other team ... treat it EXACTLY like a player from your team other than that he cannot score.
Will my players tackle the blackmailed teammate?
No because you cannot tackle players from your own team.
How does assists work?
The same as they always do ... its just that this player is now counted as on your team.
Will the blackmailed player cause a turnover for the team using the card against me if they fail at something important?
Yes because he is treated as a real player for that team for one turn.

The card is not short a sentence ... you are overthinking it good sir. For one turn that players is on the team using the card ... no special rules ... treat it as if the figure suddenly was on the other roster sheet instead of the team he normally plays for.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

CRP version does have another clause.
and the player cannot be ejected for fouling his own team
I don't have the new cards. Was this removed?

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

The fouling sentence is still there. I copied from another post somewhere else either missing the sentence or I failed in the copy operation.

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Post by kyrre »

GalakStarscraper wrote: The card is not short a sentence ... you are overthinking it good sir. For one turn that players is on the team using the card ... no special rules ... treat it as if the figure suddenly was on the other roster sheet instead of the team he normally plays for.
It was the other guys that played the card. He was thinking of dodging and running around with my Bull Centaur to remove tacklezones from the ball carrying hobgoblin. After discussing the issue, and us doing a lot of overthinking like you say, he opted to block the unfortunate hobgolbin instead. This turned a sure 2-1 in my favour to a possible 1-2 in his favour.

So exactly like a member of the other team, except no expelling, and no touchdown for the other team. The card could be used to stop teams from stalling a touchdown.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

kyrre wrote:So exactly like a member of the other team, except no expelling, and no touchdown for the other team. The card could be used to stop teams from stalling a touchdown.
You got it ... or remove a key opponent in your way to allowing your ball carrier to score. Say one opposing player is marking your Ball Carrier with Diving Tackle and Tackle. Rather than dodge away ... just Blackmail him and then walk into the endzone.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers