Use apothecary on the other team?

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

kyrre
Experienced
Experienced

Use apothecary on the other team?

Post by kyrre »

Is it legal to use apothecary, wandering apothecary, magic sponge on the other team?

Magic Sponge:
Timing, play after a drive has ended

effect:Roll a d6. On a 1 the magic sponge's magic fails. On a 2 or more you may move one player in the dead and injured box to the reserves box.

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Use apothecary on the other team?

Post by Regash »

I'm not up-to-date with 2016 rules but...
Why would you even consider to do that?
Enlighten me under which circumstances it would be good to get one of your opponents back on the field playing against you?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Regash wrote:Enlighten me under which circumstances it would be good to get one of your opponents back on the field playing against you?
Kill/injure an opposing player in T16, knowing they have to play your rival in the next game? That's just one.
Had one of those games where your dice were hot, and your opponents not, and you don't want to completely trash their team for sporting reasons. That's another.

As for the OP - I can't see anything in the Apo wording that would stop it, though I don't think it was intended that way.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
stashman

Post by stashman »

Magic Sponge is FAQed

Injury/Death stil apply after the game.

Twelfman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Twelfman »

Regash wrote:I'm not up-to-date with 2016 rules but...
Why would you even consider to do that?
Enlighten me under which circumstances it would be good to get one of your opponents back on the field playing against you?
Oh, your star Wardancer was Badly Hurt? Nah, they're fine now. Lets set them up on the pitch and see if we can hurt them more!

Nod_Hero
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Nod_Hero »

Regash wrote: Enlighten me under which circumstances it would be good to get one of your opponents back on the field playing against you?
One example of why you might do that:
In a league that has a bounty system you want that Badly Hurt bountied player back out on the field to have another crack at collecting.

3DB minion, Twitter maniac, Tumblr fan - That's me!
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Using it to make a butthurt opponent feel better seems to seriously violate the spirit of Blood Bowl and invite your own players to get Nuffled hard.

But using an Apothecary offensively, to get a second shot at a Badly Hurt opponent? Brutal. Bloodthirsty. Devious. I love it and this underhanded behavior gets the Rolo seal of approval!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"