Inducements Cash and TV

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Inducements Cash and TV

Post by daloonieshaman »

Your TV is 1.11 mil you have 600k in cash
your opponent is TV 1mil and 40K in the bank

your opponent gets 110K in inducements

you being the higher TV elect to spend 50k on a keg (because you being the higher TV elect first

your opponent may then:
use the 110K inducements
to buy say a wandering apoth (10K left over)
spend his 40K in the bank + the 10K left over (say a keg)
does he also get a matching gift of 50k because of the 50k you spent?

Reason: ''
2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Inducements Cash and TV

Post by Darkson »

BB2016 - no idea.

CRP - if you add 50k then your opponent gets 160k inducements, as Petty Cash is worked out before inducements (see Pre-Match #2 & #3).
If they add their 40k in the Petty Cash phase then they get less "free" inducements (120k) from the example above.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

bb2016

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

BB2016: You spend what you want, it makes no difference to inducements.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

BB 2016

Inducements are calculated before you spend money and are not influenced by it.
This is one of the biggest changes IMO.

birdman37
Experienced
Experienced

Post by birdman37 »

Rolex wrote:This is one of the biggest changes IMO.
Agreed. My Orc team got blasted by a Catastrophe after the first game of the current season when we switched over to the new rules. Now that we're back up to over 100K, I expect that Bomber Dribblesnot will become a semi-regular feature for our team in order to keep the Treasury trimmed. Fun for everyone! :)

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

When combined with Expensive Mistakes (which drastically limits the amount of money a team can safely keep in their treasury), it's not that big of a deal.

It's a change, sure. But it was already a pretty common move to buy a 50k Babe if you were slightly lower TV than your opponent.

I do agree that we'll see a lot more of the inexpensive star players (and Kegs, got to remember they're not Babes any more). And I imagine that the biggest behavior change will be among advanced teams with no reason to save money. I assume that most "new" teams will want to use their money to buy players and rerolls and apothecaries for the first 5-10 games or more.

Our league changes over to most of the BB2016 rules soon. I'll wait and see what effect they really have before complaining.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Stupid change that i won't be using. Petty cash has its faults but at least it made match-ups of equal TV (if not equal value TV).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Teams need to save money for the Re-Draft.

Will not be that much to spend

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Unless they're not planning on redrafting.

Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rolex »

There will not be much to spend in general.
It is very hard to keep more then 190k in the treasury if you are not very lucky.

In general we found this helps more the underdog that can often have something useful spending 10 or 20k.

The problem exists only in finals with players not planning on redrafting.
That can easily be solved houseruling no cash can be spent in the final, only inducement money.
With this correction the new sistem as almost no drawbacks IMO.

El_Jairo
Veteran
Veteran

Post by El_Jairo »

I would simply fix it that the overdog has to buy inducements first and these count for petty cash of the underdog. Typically inducements don't fill in the TV gap anyway and as overdog you will only buy an inducement that really helps you in the particular match-up.

With the wizard gone, inducements are far less effective.

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

Rolex wrote:It is very hard to keep more then 190k in the treasury if you are not very lucky.
While I agree with your other points, keeping up to 290k is easy unless you are unlucky. In that bracket you only lose half your treasury on a 1. At 290k, 5 in 6 times you stay in the 200k+ bracket and 1 in 6 you drop to 140k. Compare this to always staying at 190k. 1 in 6 you are behind 50k and 5 in 6 you are ahead 80k. On average you come out ahead, hence I argue it is easy to keep more than 190k in the treasury if you are not unlucky.
El_Jairo wrote:With the wizard gone, inducements are far less effective.
Unless you use the optional rules that were published separately, the most powerful deck of cards is often more effective than their inducement cost of 100k.
I'm currently abusing this in our playoffs. Next season we implement the optional rules that balances deck costs. I'm fully in favor of the optional rules, but I will always use loopholes while available. :)