Troll Logic (have I got this right?)

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

surfimp
Rookie
Rookie

Troll Logic (have I got this right?)

Post by surfimp »

Hi all,

New Blood Bowl player here, playing on the tabletop with my local gaming group and have chosen Orcs for my first team.

I've added a Troll and Goblin to my team with the intention of messing around with Throw Team-Mate, as it seems fun. However, the interactions between Throw Team-Mate, Always Hungry, Really Stupid, and Right Stuff end up being relatively complex. Enough so that I felt compelled to plot it all out in a flowchart to make sure I was understanding it properly.

I posted an earlier draft of this to Reddit earlier today, and got good feedback. Would love to solicit you good folks for feedback as well.

The ultimate goal is a printable quick reference card for sorting through these rules in an efficient and conflict-free manner.

Thanks in advance for any help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Troll Logic (have I got this right?)

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I did not see any errors in the chart.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
surfimp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by surfimp »

GalakStarscraper wrote:I did not see any errors in the chart.
Thank you for giving it a look! Most obliged.

birdman37
Experienced
Experienced

Post by birdman37 »

Always Hungry wrote:If the team-mate had the ball it will scatter once
from the team-mate's square.
Your flow chart has the ball scattering from the Troll's square in the event of an eaten ball carrier, but my reading of Always Hungry says it should scatter from where the Goblin originally was.

Also, I don't think it's a Turnover if a Goblin who doesn't have the ball is eaten.

surfimp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by surfimp »

birdman37 wrote:
Always Hungry wrote:If the team-mate had the ball it will scatter once
from the team-mate's square.
Your flow chart has the ball scattering from the Troll's square in the event of an eaten ball carrier, but my reading of Always Hungry says it should scatter from where the Goblin originally was.

Also, I don't think it's a Turnover if a Goblin who doesn't have the ball is eaten.
Nice catches, thank you! I've updated the flowchart to incorporate your feedback. Awesome!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Really Stupid fails on a 1-3 unless there's a non-Really Stupid adjacent at the time of the roll.

(Technically it always fails of on a 1-3, just you get a +2 modifier.)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Guess I need to read closer ... HA!

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
surfimp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by surfimp »

Thanks again, all, for the close reading!

I've updated the flowchart to remove all reference to specific D6 values, as they vary a lot (as noted!) and are situational. This way it stays a bit cleaner and focuses on the bigger picture - following the twisting and turning path of the rules interactions.

I really appreciate this help, thanks!

Fold
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fold »

It also misses the interaction where a landing roll isn't made if the goblin landed on another player (in that case the goblin is prone and has to take an armour roll). At the moment he just skips across enemy players knocking them down then gets to stand up as if nothing happened :)

I think this simply means the "yes" arrow from goblin still on pitch just needs to point to the "goblin placed prone and takes armour roll" box instead of the landing roll action.

surfimp
Rookie
Rookie

Post by surfimp »

Fold wrote:I think this simply means the "yes" arrow from goblin still on pitch just needs to point to the "goblin placed prone and takes armour roll" box instead of the landing roll action.
It does indeed! Thank you so much. I've updated the file.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

That's a great flow chart, mostly playing online all this is done for you.

Looking at that chart I can see how people would get confused with all the possible outcomes.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.