Kickoff "Quicksnap"

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Kickoff "Quicksnap"

Post by daloonieshaman »

So we do the Kickoff
roll the scatter and distance
Kickoff table result "Quick snap"
so a bunch of offense guys just the line and end up on the other side of the half
ball comes down and scatters out of bounds for a touchback

can you then give it to one of the guys on the other half as the kickoff and touchback has been resolved?

Reason: ''
2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Kickoff "Quicksnap"

Post by Darkson »

No.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Haven’t got the LRB on me, but there’s nothing in the new rules to say you can’t.

Touchback:
If the ball scatters or bounces off the pitch or into the kicking team’s half, the receiving coach is awarded a 'touchback' and must give the ball to any player in their team.

Quick Snap:
All of the players on the receiving team are allowed to move one square. This is a free move and may be made into any adjacent empty square, ignoring tackle zones. It may be used to enter the opposing half of the pitch.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Yeah, you sure about tgar Darkson. It taljs about the balk must "land" in oppos half but I think after that the touchback can go to anyone whichever half they are in

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

There's an old thread discussing it, that I can't search for as not at home.
But if the ball enters the opponent's half, for any reason, it's a touchback. If you give it to someone in the opposing half, it's a touchback (again). Repeat until you either give it to someone in your own half, or time is called on the game.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Think this might be the thread you’re referring to. Doesn’t seem to have a clear conclusion though.

...if the ball enters the opponent's half, for any reason, it's a touchback”, is that in a rulebook anywhere (not being facetious, you’ve just played through more rulebooks than I have!)? Not sure I’d go with that, if not. If the reason was the kick-off scatter, I get it, but the touchback just needs (“has”) to go to a player on the receiving team, there’s no specifics or limitations beyond that.

What if I’ve only got three players, they all take advantage of the Quick Snap kick-off result, and I then get a touchback? I know there’s discussion on here about what to do if a Pitch Invasion leaves everyone prone and unable to have the ball, but RAW vs. RAI surely bows to common sense on this one?

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

It 'was' in the CRP and earlier, not sure on the current.
(Might have been in the FAQ.)

daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

the answer is a matter of timing that is clarified in the rulebook
(although the FAQ does chime in)
page 26
THE KICKOFF TABLE:
blah blah blah
follow the sequence below
1: Place the ball on the pitch
2: scatter ball to determine where the ball is about to land
3: Resolve the kickoff table (in this case quick snap)
4: bounce/catch/or touchback the ball

FAQ:
Q: If a player from your team fails to catch a ball
from a kick-off, and the ball bounces over the line of
scrimmage is it a touchback?
A: Yes, any event that causes the ball to go out of
bounds or over the line of scrimmage during a kick-off
results in a touchback
so what Darkson is saying is you have the scatter, the ball goes out and is a (unresolved) touchback, you go across the line, you resolve the first touchback and give the ball to a guy across the line (any event) creating another touchback rinse and repeat

what will happen if all your guys are across the line Darkson? because according to the rules on pg.12 you MUST give the ball to one of your players

in this I respectfully disagree with you Darkson
the touchback is resolved and you give it to one of your players who after the results of the Kickoff table (event) are on the opposing side of the pitch

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

daloonieshaman wrote: what will happen if all your guys are across the line Darkson? because according to the rules on pg.12 you MUST give the ball to one of your players
That one is answered on other question threads about the rare chance of there being no players on the receiving side; for example there's only one and he gets removed from a rock to the face. The ball is then placed in a square and bounced.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

lunchmoney wrote:
daloonieshaman wrote: what will happen if all your guys are across the line Darkson? because according to the rules on pg.12 you MUST give the ball to one of your players
That one is answered on other question threads about the rare chance of there being no players on the receiving side; for example there's only one and he gets removed from a rock to the face. The ball is then placed in a square and bounced.
yea ... no

so you pick any random square and bounce it
the kicking team picks a square and bounces
the receiving team picks a square and bounces it

no that is in no way shape or form covered in the rules
where as this is covered in the rules on pg. 12 and 26 and the FAQ
you give it to any of your players (as you must on pg 12) at the end of an event (if the player happens to be prone I can then see it being scattered after that say from a rock or pitch invasion)