Fink Da Fixer, Goblin Personal Assistant.

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Fink Da Fixer, Goblin Personal Assistant.

Post by frogboy »

Hi,

Not sure if i'm missing something here, can't find the rules for Fouling :(

Anyway, Fink's rule "You Got It Boss" lets him re-roll the dice for a a failed bribe attempt and also allows him to "Argue The Call" on a 5+.

So is it right that he can choose to use either or, i.e. if i have bribes left i don't have to "Argue The Call"?

Because otherwise if you successfully argue then no need for bribe, but if you fail you can't re-roll the bribe (as Fink will have been sent off)

Reason: ''
I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Re: Fink Da Fixer, Goblin Personal Assistant.

Post by frogboy »

Second Question, can i just argue the call without Fink, on a 6+ then if i fail i can still use him to re-roll the bribe?

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

You never ‘have’ to argue the call. I’ve seen Goblin coaches let regular goblins get sent off just so they don’t have to risk getting sent off themselves (for failing the Argue the Call roll) and not being able to Argue the Call for more important secret weapons.

Think the rule as written gets you on the second point “Finally, if Fink’s team’s Head Coach argues a call, it will succeed on a 5 or more, not just on a 6. However, if the attempt to argue a call fails, Fink is sent to the dungeon along with the Head Coach, and has no further effect on the game.

Means you can only argue the call with his 5+ roll, and that you’re both sin binned on a 1.

Fink has got to be an auto-include for Goblin teams who can induce him, for me.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Thanks

Hobnail
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hobnail »

frogboy wrote:Hi,

Anyway, Fink's rule "You Got It Boss" lets him re-roll the dice for a a failed bribe attempt and also allows him to "Argue The Call" on a 5+.

So is it right that he can choose to use either or, i.e. if i have bribes left i don't have to "Argue The Call"?

Because otherwise if you successfully argue then no need for bribe, but if you fail you can't re-roll the bribe (as Fink will have been sent off)

Yes, you can argue and use bribes (not just for Fink) in whichever order you choose.

Winner - Caerdydd Cup (2019)
Most TD - Exiles (20)(2015), Exebowl (10)(2017)
Stunty Cup - Welsh Open (2016,2019), Exiles (2016), CakeBowl (2019), GertBowl (2019)

SWTC Stunty Champion 2016, 2019
Most Casualties - Elflympics (27(net 25))(2017)
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Hobnail wrote:
frogboy wrote:Hi,

Yes, you can argue and use bribes (not just for Fink) in whichever order you choose.
So, is this answer different to the previous answer ? :-?

Perhaps best to leave this discussion till Saturday, if i get my goblins finished in time you can explain the rules to me in the car on the way to Bubba :orc:

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

Jip's answer is correct, as is Hobnail's.

Per Jip: You don't have to argue the call, but if you do, its always on a 5+ (and Fink is sent off along with you if you roll a 1)
Per Hobnail: You can choose whether to argue the call before or after using bribes (and seeing whether they do/don't work)

Both are accurate and link together for one complete answer :)

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

mawph wrote:Jip's answer is correct, as is Hobnail's.

Per Jip: You don't have to argue the call, but if you do, its always on a 5+ (and Fink is sent off along with you if you roll a 1)
Per Hobnail: You can choose whether to argue the call before or after using bribes (and seeing whether they do/don't work)

Both are accurate and link together for one complete answer :)
Wheres the like button :orc:

Thanks

ssb

Post by ssb »

“You got it, Boss!”Fink counts as three Assistant Coaches. In addition, if Fink’s team uses a Bribe, they can re-roll the dice to see if it works. Finally, if Fink’s team’s Head Coach argues a call, it will succeed on a 5 or more, not just on a 6. However, if the attempt to argue a call fails, Fink is sent to the dungeon along with the Head Coach, and has no further effect on the game – he counts as no Assistant Coaches and his other abilities cannot be used
So, failing is not rolling 5+... (?)
So either Fink succeeds (5+) or he fails (1, 2, 3 or 4) and gets sent off with the Head Coach ?

The way it is written, there is a confusion about : rolling a 1 (critical failure) and just failing... (everything except 5 or 6)

Previous posts seems to indicate otherwise, but I am not fully satisfied with that… ^^

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

ssb wrote:
“You got it, Boss!”Fink counts as three Assistant Coaches. In addition, if Fink’s team uses a Bribe, they can re-roll the dice to see if it works. Finally, if Fink’s team’s Head Coach argues a call, it will succeed on a 5 or more, not just on a 6. However, if the attempt to argue a call fails, Fink is sent to the dungeon along with the Head Coach, and has no further effect on the game – he counts as no Assistant Coaches and his other abilities cannot be used
So, failing is not rolling 5+... (?)
So either Fink succeeds (5+) or he fails (1, 2, 3 or 4) and gets sent off with the Head Coach ?

The way it is written, there is a confusion about : rolling a 1 (critical failure) and just failing... (everything except 5 or 6)

Previous posts seems to indicate otherwise, but I am not fully satisfied with that… ^^
A normal coach (is there such a thing in Blood Bowl??) successfully argues the call on a 6 and gets sent off on a 1, with everything in between meaning that the coach remains in the game but the fouler is still put in the bin.

Fink argues the call successfully on a 5+, fails to convince the ref on a 2-4 (the fouler is still sent to the bin but Fink and the coach aren't) and Fink and the coach get sent off on a 1.

Hope this clears things up!

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
ssb

Post by ssb »

So, it seems you agree that "the attempt to argue a call fails" if you roll 4 or less.
And the rule wording says that if "the attempt to argue a call fails", Fink is sent off along with the Coach.

Your explanation is the first thing we thought. And then, it was not very clear anymore when we were reading it with a closer eye.

EDIT :
One other thing in the balance toward this interpretation of this rule is the price of 'Fink Da Fixer' : 50 000 gp
He already gives 3 assistants (30 000gp value)
Then doubles the chance to get a secret weapon back to safety or a sent of player to the reserves.
The risk of loosing him completely if he fails (1,2,3,4) would be understandable for this kind of price.

landrover
Legend
Legend
Location: Reffing at a tourney near you. Bribery preferences start with sweets....

Post by landrover »

ssb wrote:So, it seems you agree that "the attempt to argue a call fails" if you roll 4 or less.
And the rule wording says that if "the attempt to argue a call fails", Fink is sent off along with the Coach.

Your explanation is the first thing we thought. And then, it was not very clear anymore when we were reading it with a closer eye.
I think there might be an element of over-thinking here.
Failing the 'attempt to argue the call' can result in one of two things, not just an automatic sending off.

The first variation is that the argue the call fails, but that the coach (and Fink, if appropriate) stays in the game, but the player caught fouling is sent to the bin. This happens on a roll of 2-5 for a coach, or 2-4 for a coach+Fink combination.

The second variation is that the coach (and Fink, if appropriate) fails the argue the call so spectacularly that they are both ejected from the game AND the player who was caught fouling is sent to the bin. This happens on a roll of a 1.

It comes down to how bad the 'attempt to argue the call' is, whether it's a minor fail (2-5) or an EPIK FALE (1). They are both examples of attempts to argue the call fail, it's just that the roll of 1 has further serious ramifications for all concerned.

And no, you can't re-roll it!

Squad Chaos captain.
Thrudball co-organiser.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Landrover, has there been gw clarification of that? I assumed fink gets sent off on a 1, but ssb makes a good point.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

It's an interesting interpretation. Would be good if JT-Y good weigh in.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
ssb

Post by ssb »

How do we do to get an enlightened opinion ? :)