Fire in the disco...

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Fire in the disco...

Post by Jip »

My tabletop season has imploded to the point of me being able to use inducements fairly freely, and I love the idea of bringing fiery doom to my opponents over the remaining matches; here's my thinking...

Induced Wizard (CRP):
Once per game, the Wizard is allowed to cast either a Fireball spell or a Lightning Bolt spell. Wizards may only cast spells at the start of his own turn before any player performs and Action or immediately after his own team's turn has ended even if it ended with a turnover.

Infamous Coaching Staff (DZ2), Horatio X. Schottenheim:
Take this! Ooops…” Once per half, Horatio can cast a fireball and fling it (more or less) at the opposition. He can do this either at the start of his team’s turn, before any player performs an Action, or immediately after his team’s turn has ended, even if it ended with a turnover.

So, if I induce both, double fireballs (albeit with one drifting a little) in a single turn, riiiiiiight?

Reason: ''
Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Fire in the disco...

Post by sann0638 »

Yep, crack on... :D

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Yes, but why you want a double fireball when you can have a lightning fireball!

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Wouldnt it depend on which rules you are using? Was under the impression BB2016 removed the regular CRP Wizard and the NAF has chosen to mix the rulesets together?

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Itchen Masack wrote:Wouldnt it depend on which rules you are using? Was under the impression BB2016 removed the regular CRP Wizard and the NAF has chosen to mix the rulesets together?
Our league allows both in the inducements, we've just added the (in)famous coaching staff this season, too.

We've weathered the BB2016 storm pretty well, so far. Thankfully, the commissioner (Sann himself) hasn't gone the route of all that re-drafting bollocks. Think the Bubba boys are doing that and it looks a right ballache!

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

Horatio is a bit balls to be fair! its basically as accurate as a kick off! Id prefer a dirty player lineman :D

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Jip wrote:Think the Bubba boys are doing that and it looks a right ballache!
Yes, we are using the draft rules. We are finish now the season 2 and looks it's not a problem for the teams. Probably it will be interesting after finish season 3, as our teams will be bigger and it's quite easy that players that has been playing for three season want to retire.

But for now, it looks a quite balance rule. Ask me again next season when I start to lost my best Saurus, probably my opinion will be different :lol:

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20